Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Did anyone ever update to 5.0.23.0? 

If so, did you experience issues with it?

@Lyubo Thanks for sharing that driver link!

HP Recommended

yes, i updated to 5.0.23.0 and i had the same problem, i could only connect to 802.11g at 54Mbps. now i am connected using 802.11n. thank you very very much @Lyubo

HP Recommended

Thanks for your response! So 5.0.21.0 seems to be working well for you then, correct? 

HP Recommended
Wait, i meant i updated to 5.0.23.0 and i had that problem before i updated to that. Sorry for the misunderstanding, it was very misleading. 5.0.23.0 works just as well as 5.0.21.0, i tried both.
HP Recommended

Hi,

I also tested the  5.0.23.0 driver and can confirm that it also connects on n at 150 mbps. so yes drivers above 21 works fine.

Good to hear that I was in help 🙂

HP Recommended

No worries eel903! Thanks to you and Lyubo for confirming that! I know this will help others on the forum who may have similar issues! 🙂

HP Recommended

hello,just bought a new pavillion g6 that uses ralink3290 wifi card. driver 5.0.25.0 . it connects to my router at 150mbps and other laptop connects at 300mbps. help me out please. windows 8

HP Recommended

Hey Nish20, 

The Ralink RT3290's specifications page shows that its transfer rate is up to 150Mbps. 

HP Recommended

hi.

thank you very much for your reply.

Correct me if i am wrong, isnt it 150mbps transmit + 150 mbps receive, a total of 300mbps? If it was a 150Mbps, that would be 72 trans + 72 receive?

The other laptop connecting at 300mbps is 4 years older than this one.

im reely stuck with this.

thanks

HP Recommended

It is 1x1 MIMO (SISO) / 1T1R so 150mbps is the limit (See the last line in the paragraph on the specs page and the second column of bulleted features, second bullet down).

If it were 2x2 MIMO / 2T2R, your formula would be correct. Your other laptops are likely 2x2 wireless cards. 

Here is a link that explains 1x1 VS. 2x2 pretty well

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.