Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi 

I recently encounter this terrible problem with my Wifi, everything used to be working fine until a recent Windows 8 update (i don't remember which one exactly) because i used to think the problem is related to my antivirus or that i need to reinstall my windows because its gets laggy

The Problem is that the Wifi keep coming and going, which causes terrible lag and hangs when i try to play an online games such as Dota2 or others

please check this picture: http://i.imgur.com/U0Ns0Yw.png  

the picture shows the behaviour of the Wifi during an online game, it keeps going up then down to ZERO (there when it lags in game) then go up and so on 

i've tried many version of driver already, installed the latest didn't do anything, installed the older ones .. still nothing works. 

Notes:

- the problem is not caused by my Router, i checked that with my other PC and it work just fine with no lag whatsoever 

- my laptop is an HP Pavilion g6 2212ek

- currently i installed the lastest version of Ralink 802.11 b/g/n WiFi Adapter Driver the 2013-04-27 , Version5.0.25.0

- My Wifi adapter is: Ralink RT3290 802.11bgn wifi adapter

anyone having the same problem as me? , anything to solve this issue? please help! 

thanks a lot

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi 😄

i think i sloved the problem, after a whole morning of messing around with drivers and reboots

the trick is to go to the

1- controle panel

2- click on hardware and sound

3- in the devices and printers click on "Device Manager"

4- in the "Device Manager" click on "network adapters" then right click on ralink 802.1bgn wi-fi adapter then click on "properties"

5- go to advanced 

6- choose Roaming Sensitivity 

7- change value to Disable

that worked out for me, i hope it do the same for you 🙂 

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

Hi

This is the older version on the Ralink driver.. uninstall the one from device manager and install this one and see if it helps..

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&softwareitem=ob-116475-1

Hope this helps.

***** Click the Thumbs UP (Like) on the Right to say 'Thanks'*****

****Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution”&"Thumbs up "if it solves your problem.****

-VJ

Although I am an HP Employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

HP Recommended

nah .. doesn't work, i just try it, i said that i tried many older versions of the driver without sucess 😕 

HP Recommended

Buddy, we're in the same boat. 4 days ago my internet started dropping continuously. It's a major frustration. It's almost impossible to play any sort of online game. I did a lot of looking around on the internet, and it seems that this is a very common problem with the newer HP laptops (not sure, but almost certain it's something to do with HP using W8).

Thus far i have been unable to find a solution myself, even after trying multiple and multiple different things. 

I tried getting help for HP Online Support, but it was an utter joke. The clown on the other end told me to do exactly what i had been trying to do the past 3 days, even after i told him plenty times that i already tried what he suggested. His final suggestion was to turn my power settings from pwer save, to high performance. I'm no genius, but i'm not sure how my battery settings are connected to my WiFi.

Only thing i can suggest is to recover your PC back to an older version. i started having this problem 4 days ago, so just recover it to a week or two ago, and you should be fine.

HP Recommended

Actually, nevermind. I just restored my pc to a week before the problem started, and the problem is still here. Still having my connection dropped frequently. Doesn't matter if i'm using WiFi or Wired.

HP Recommended

Hi 😄

i think i sloved the problem, after a whole morning of messing around with drivers and reboots

the trick is to go to the

1- controle panel

2- click on hardware and sound

3- in the devices and printers click on "Device Manager"

4- in the "Device Manager" click on "network adapters" then right click on ralink 802.1bgn wi-fi adapter then click on "properties"

5- go to advanced 

6- choose Roaming Sensitivity 

7- change value to Disable

that worked out for me, i hope it do the same for you 🙂 

HP Recommended

I'll give that a try and see if it works. Hopefully it does. 

Thanks for the tip!

HP Recommended

I  tried that  my device status still says

Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)

Any   thoughts?

HP Recommended

Hello jreichow. I understand you are witnessing a Code 39 error with your device, and I will do my best to assist you! This error indicates that the appropriate drivers for the device are not installed, or they are corrupted. To troubleshooting the issue, please visit this Microsoft website: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310123

When you enter the website, it may prompt you to download and install Microsoft Fix-it to resolve the issue. If so, download and run it since it might resolve the issue. Otherwise, please locate the appropriate troubleshooting steps for Code 39 and follow them.

Please respond when you complete the troubleshooting so I know the results. I'm only here to help!

Mario

I worked on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

It is working.

Thanks

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.