Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have DV7 4130 with Ralink Motorola BC4 bluetooth adapter.

When I  upgrade (via clean install) to Windows 8, my Bluetooth adapter works fine with default windows 8 drivers (I have "Generic Bluetooth Adapter" and "Microsoft Bluetooth Enumerator" under Bluetooth section).

So you have right - this device dosen't need any special driver.

My friend has exactly this same notebook upgraded to Windows 8, but her bluetooth doesn't work. So I tried to find a solution and installed a few drivers on my laptop... and my  Bluetooth won't connect anymore.

I try remove Bluetooth devices, restart the computer, or click "Scan for hardware change". After that "Generic Bluetooth Adapter" and "Microsoft Bluetooth Enumerator" appears under Bluetooth section.

I try with Cambridge silicon Radio Ltd driver -  “Generic Bluetooth radio” and all of tricks described on this thead. For my and my friend "Add a Bluetooth Device" don't work.

When i revert to  Windows 7, everything works fine. When I formatted the drive and made a clean installation of Windows 8 bluetooth adapter still does not work.

Notebook is not discoverable from phone or bluetooth headsed and notebook can't find phone or headset. On both devices bluetooth visibility is set to "Show to all".

HP Recommended

Are you sure that it is the EXACT same notebook? It may be the same series, but it is not the exact same unless you both have the same product number. Some hardware components in the notebook may be a little bit different. If you could get the product number, I could double check and make sure it has the same hardware. 

Thanks,

Kyle

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
HP Recommended

Yes, is exact the same notebook HP DV7 4130ew. We bought them in this same day, from this same store, both have same specification and product ID: XE344EA#AKD and others numbers on labels (of course serial number is different).

HP Recommended

You would have to have a picture manual? 

Please

HP Recommended

Dablion, 

Are you needing the manual for the computer? What model? 

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
HP Recommended

I have the HP Pavilion G6 - 2006tx. I installed Windows 8 Pro and I faced the same issue. I managed to fix it.

Uninstall the ralink bluetooth driver of Windows7 if you have installed it.
Install this: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?DwnldID=22022
I installed the 64bit one since I have a 64bit version of Win8.
Reboot the PC and enable bluetooth from Settings->Change PC settings-> Wireless.
Now I am able to transfer files between my android and PC.

HP Recommended

cq56-160SC.

HP Recommended

Hello Dablion.  I understand you're looking for your notebook's manual.

Here is a link to your notebook's Maintenance and Service Guide.

I hope this helps.  Have a good day.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please click the white star under my name to give me Kudos as a way to say "Thanks!"

Click the "Accept as Solution" button if I resolve your issue.

HP Recommended

Yes this works!  The bluetooth in my DM1-3040CA now works and I am able to pair with my bluetooth keyboard and numeric keypad.  Kudos to you.  5 stars to Microsoft.  0 stars to HP who keep hiding behind their Oct. 11, 2011 "proclamation" instead of helping out the thousands of people who bought HP laptops with this bluetooth adapter.

HP Recommended
Yes this works! thanks a bunch.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.