Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I recently had to wipe my hard drive and re-install Windows. When I went to re-install Microsoft Office 2007 I was told by Microsoft, "The product key you entered appears to be for software pre-installed by the device manufacturer. Please contact the device manufacturer for software recovery options." When I went to contact HP about how I get Microsoft Office 2007 back on my computer from the contact customer support page they tell me my warranty expired in 2013 and won't go any further than that. I have my product key and everything. Any help would be fantastic.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

If all you need is to download the software to install, I have zipped up and attached below, a tool that will allow you to download the iso file for the version of Office 2007 your key is good for.

How it works...download, unzip and run the utility.

Select the Office 2007 download button on the right side of the page.

Then a new window will open and on the left side of the window, select the edition of Office 2007 your key is good for, then click on the Confirm button.

Then select the language and then the Confirm button.

A new window will open and you click on the blue Office 2007 download button to download the software.

HP Recommended

I've got to be doing something wrong I've tried to install each of the Office 2007 versions and each time I plug in the product key from under the laptop it says it's incorrect. I'm kind of at a loss.

HP Recommended

Sorry that isn't working for you.

Unfortunately, I wouldn't know what the problem could be unless the file has to be an OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer), file.

Those files are for retail versions of W7, but I was hoping the product key you had would have worked for whatever version of Office that was installed on your PC.

I'm afraid you are probably not going to be able to get your Office 2007 back.

There are alternative free open source office programs that work with Microsoft Office files such as Libre Office.

http://www.libreoffice.org/

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.