Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hey, Holly_J!

I'm bringing up this post because I've tried the solution to the LED issue offered here. However, I've checked the BIOS configuration and can't find the option to disable the LED once the driver was installed.

Some details:

-My notebook is an Envy 4.

-The driver version installed was 21, which I thought would be better than v13 suggested in the thread back then.

Could you give me some advice?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@JoséPe

Welcome to HP Forums, 

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips, 

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂 

As I understand you want assistance in turning off the backlight under F5 key on Spectre x360 permanently,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

Are you referring to the video on this post? (Click here to verify)

Is there a specific reason why you would want to turn it off?

HP doesn't recommend making changes to certain advanced parts of BIOS for the safety of your computer and is locked for the same and nor do we recommend using 3rd party software to make these changes.

If you wish to disable this as a part of customizing the PC, you may do so at your own discretion.

Let me know how that works out, keep me in the loop and Good luck! 😉

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello, Riddle_Decipher,

Thanks for trying to help! Im answering with the details you asked me.

-I do want to do the same as in that video. However, my laptop is not a Spectre x360, but an Envy 4.

-The reason is that, from some angle, you see it directly, wich is distracting, and I feel it tires my eyesight.

I really appreciate your asistance!

HP Recommended
HP Recommended
The issue covered in that post is not the same as mine, but many thanks, mdklassen.
It's not the whole keyboard, it's not even malfunctioning, my keyboard.
My model of notebook has backlight always on under the F5 key, and it's annoying to me. I just happened to find a thread where they say how to disable it on an Xperia model, and I' like to do the same on mine.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.