cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
infosponge
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Re: Unable to install HP coolsense on windows 10

HP Recommended

I had problems installing CoolSense over a year ago. It was installed on my HP Pavilion dv7-6c23cl when shipped with Windows 7. I finally succeeded getting CoolSense functioning when I upgraded to Windows 10. I don't think I had .NET Framework installed when I found CoolSense 2.2 so the installation worked.

I had many other problems since then which finally got traced to troublesome files on my hard drive messing up back-ups and OneDrive functions.

Microsoft reformated the hard drive and made a fresh install of Windows 10 Home 64-bit. Now, I can't get CoolSense 2.2 installed. Attempts to install demands that I first install .NET Framework v3.5. Trying to do that fails because there is a newer version of .NET Framework on my system. This aborts the CoolSense installation.

I am concerned about potential damage to the CPU if the fan cannot be controlled properly. 

How can I restore this functionality?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
fredgross10
Level 1
7 7 0 2
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

go to hp and install coolsense for windows 10

0 Kudos
infosponge
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

fredgross10 said, "go to hp and install coolsense for windows 10".

I repeat the original request for help.

Windows 10 will not allow this. The latest at HP is version 2.2. It requires .NET Framework 3.5. My PC has a newer version of .NET Framework so It won't install 3.5. However, because 3.5 is not on my machine, CoolSense 2.2 will not install.

I have an HP Pavilion dv7-6c23cl laptop running a fresh install of Windows 10 on a reformatted HD. 

I'm hoping an equivalent protection is built into Windows 10 but I no longer hear the fan  changing speed, or running. 

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation