Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I had problems installing CoolSense over a year ago. It was installed on my HP Pavilion dv7-6c23cl when shipped with Windows 7. I finally succeeded getting CoolSense functioning when I upgraded to Windows 10. I don't think I had .NET Framework installed when I found CoolSense 2.2 so the installation worked.

I had many other problems since then which finally got traced to troublesome files on my hard drive messing up back-ups and OneDrive functions.

Microsoft reformated the hard drive and made a fresh install of Windows 10 Home 64-bit. Now, I can't get CoolSense 2.2 installed. Attempts to install demands that I first install .NET Framework v3.5. Trying to do that fails because there is a newer version of .NET Framework on my system. This aborts the CoolSense installation.

I am concerned about potential damage to the CPU if the fan cannot be controlled properly. 

How can I restore this functionality?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

go to hp and install coolsense for windows 10

HP Recommended

fredgross10 said, "go to hp and install coolsense for windows 10".

I repeat the original request for help.

Windows 10 will not allow this. The latest at HP is version 2.2. It requires .NET Framework 3.5. My PC has a newer version of .NET Framework so It won't install 3.5. However, because 3.5 is not on my machine, CoolSense 2.2 will not install.

I have an HP Pavilion dv7-6c23cl laptop running a fresh install of Windows 10 on a reformatted HD. 

I'm hoping an equivalent protection is built into Windows 10 but I no longer hear the fan  changing speed, or running. 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.