Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

@AbdulSami1 wrote:
U mean F10 and then F9 for defaults.
Tried that didn't worked.

F10 is for the complete Bios (usually 4 tabs with all your options including Boot Order)

F9 is for JUST selecting a one time boot device great for a bootable usb drive or DVD/CD - Windows or Linux for example, ..

and by the way, The Ubuntu Live disc/usb (or any linux version) can also be used to troubleshoot and/or install, one of the best troubleshooters in the business as it also allows one to work online from a complete usable desktop environment, OR Install if you wamnt of course.  It also has the best partition manager around which manages any format in the world. (Gparted or something simillar).

Another great thing (and many more about having a free Ubuntu .iso around).

Cheers, Mark - 

Spoiler
Spoiler
:cathappy:

I hope that helps.

p.s. this F9/F10 is for every Hp laptop/desktop I have sen for over 2 years. including Envy and Pavillion aat least.

HP Recommended

Hi @AbdulSami1,

What operating system are your running?

You stated you have a new hard drive is it a SSD drive?

What were the results from the troubleshooting?

Here is a link to assist you with changing the boot order as was suggested by another poster.

HP PCs - Configuring the Boot Order in the System BIOS

Once you have accessed the bios,along the bottom you should see an option for defaults.  Try selecting it as this will have it scan for the attached hardware.

Please let me know the results.

Sparkles1

HP Recommended
Its not new its my old one. I was watching movie suddenly my laptop turned off. And it started giving this error ".."
I don't know what to do. I have checked my harddisk it works fine.
I pressed F10 when my laptop started.
At the bottom were some keys mentioned
F9 was to restore defaults. I pressed f9. And saved changes.
HP Recommended

Hi @AbdulSami1,

Thank you for the reply.

I understand you are now able to access the bios.

Are you still getting the same error on startup?

Have you tried testing the hard drive from the bios diagnostics?

HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start (Windows 7, Vista, XP)

Please keep me updated.

Sparkles1

HP Recommended
I pressed f2 memory check was good but hard drive test showed some errors
SMART Check : NOT INSTALLED
Short DSI : NOT INSTALLED
HP Recommended

Hi @AbdulSami1,

Thank you for the update.

Is the hard drive listed in the bios?

Have you checked the hard drive connections?

Sparkles1

HP Recommended

Screenshot_2016-01-27-00-32-15.png

HP Recommended

Screenshot_2016-01-27-00-33-40.png

HP Recommended
  • Screenshot_2016-01-27-00-33-40.png
HP Recommended

Hi @AbdulSami1,

I  grasp that you are still unable to run the diagnostics.

What operating system are you running?

When you had to redo your hard drive, did you do a recovery using recovery manager or did you install from a Windows disk?

Here is a link to the Pavilion 15-n210se Software and Drivers.  Please try downloading the diagnostics and installing them.  There is a diagnostic files listed under both Windows 7 and 8.1.

Please let me know if this helped.

Sparkles1

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.