Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
I upgraded to windows 10.
HP Recommended
I have that recovery file in my harddrive
HP Recommended

HI @AbdulSami1,

Thank you for your reply.

Please read this post by @lions99  Hard Disk - (3F0) BootDevice not found" Error Message .

If the drive is working fine then you either have a bad cable or a issue with the motherboard.

Is the hard drive listed in the bios?

Did you try installing the diagnostics and testing the hard drive?  If so what were the results?

Have you tried reseating the hard drive?

Have you tried using a different cable?.

Here is a link to  HP Pavilion 15 Notebook PC HP Pavilion TouchSmaret 15 Notebook PC Maintenance and Service Guide where you can obtain any recommended replacement part numbers.

Good Luck!

Sparkles1

HP Recommended
Tried reseating. Is there any way to be sure where the problem lies.
I don't know where I can buy that cable.
HP Recommended

Hi @AbdulSami1,

Thank you for your reply.

You could borrow a cable from a friend or neighbor just for testing purposes or any local shop that sells computer will likely sell them.   Places such as Staples, Office Depot or Walmart  will likely have them.

Have you tried installing the diagnostics and testing it?

Please keep me updated.

Good Luck!

Sparkles1

HP Recommended

Trying a new cable is indeed a single troubleshooting step BUT,

Get real Hp support, it is a very unlikely problemk or solution ... unless the computer was put in a microwave by mistake .. give him some real help.  Not just lame excuses.

Just trying to help the little guy.

p.s. so that I can be constructive ... here is an  out of the box solution.

Download any Linux Distro image (.iso), create a bootable USB,  and trouble shoot from there with all your discs unmounted (or mounted should you wish).  You will come into a DE where you can google, run apps, install any tool, and diagnose to your hearts content.  I suggest Linux-Mint Cinnamon DE for now users - plug and play.  

Cheers, Mark

HP Recommended
I can't find the cable any where .
And what exactly do u mean by installing running diagnostics.
I m a newbee so ...
😞
HP Recommended

Hi @AbdulSami1,

Thank you for the update.

I am surprised that you were unable to acquire a cable as it is a common item.

In my previous post there is a link to the software and driver page. Click on it to open the page.  You will see diagnostics listed. Click on it and download and install the file.

Please let me know how this goes.

Good Luck!

Sparkles1

HP Recommended
Can u be more specific what to do after I click on that link
HP Recommended
Can u tell me of any site where I can fine this cable connector
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.