Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Stream, 11 inch display
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Bluetooth works if selected after/on start-up, but when put to sleep/bluetooth speaker powered down and then come back to connect, bluetooth disappears; have to reboot each time!

Have gone to device manager and requested upload of newest driver; response is that "Microsoft says has latest driver," however I also have error message: Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)

I can't find any other drivers to replace current Reaqltek driver, so am stuck with "buggy, non-Microsoft supported driver"!

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

Hi @bobpetow,

Welcome to HP Forums! I have read your post and wanted to help.

I understand that the bluetooth stopped working after the laptop wakes from sleep. In order to better assist you, please post back the the product number of your laptop.

HP Notebook PCs - How Do I Find My Model Number, Serial Number or Product Number?

Looking forward to your reply!

SDJL
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ”on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

20160708_121528-1_edited.jpgTake whatever numberr

s you need...

HP Recommended

Hi @bopetow,

Thank you for the reply. Here is the link of all the drivers of model HP Stream Notebook - 11-d077nr (ENERGY STAR): http://support.hp.com/gb-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-Stream-11-d000-Notebook-PC/7372144/model/7499079

Please check in the Device Manager. Download the Bluetooth driver from the above link, and reinstall it. Restart the computer and test the Bluetooth again.

Let me know if it fixes the problem.

If this helps you to reach a solution, please click the "Accept as Solution" button down below in this message. If you wish to say "thanks" for my effort to help, click the "thumbs up" to give me Kudos. :catvery-happy:

Regards,

SDJL
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ”on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
HP Recommended

Reloaded driver as suggested from links provided.  Restarted.  Bluetooth was listed under Devices within Settings, as usual.  Activated bluetooth, connected speaker and listened to music for several minutes.

Put PC in sleep mode.  After couple minutes reactivated/wokeup PC.  Checked Devices (within Settings), no Bluetooth listed again, as before (All other categories listed but Bluetooth missing.)  

Also, in lower right corner of display (where battery, wifi, volume, notifications, etc icons listed...) Bluetooth icon was listed when first reloaded driver, but after sleep mode, icon disappears as was happening earlier.

Bottomline, still having same problems with Bluetooth only showing/active after any complete PC restart, but not after PC goes into sleep mode/reactivation.

HP Recommended

How Settings appear after Sleep...Bluetooth no longer active within Settings, and no incon in lower right corner (image 1, below);

How settings appear after Rebooting...Bluetooth active within Devices, and icon showing in lower right corner (image 2 below).

After Sleep.pngAfter Reboot.png

HP Recommended

...also, when opening Device Manager, clicking on Bluetooth icon it shows that Realtek 4.0 Driver is still in place, not replace by downloaded Broadcom Driver...even though installation shows that it was successfully downloaded/installed (see below)

Successful install.png

HP Recommended

Hi @bobpetow,

Please try the troubleshooting steps on this document:

HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 😎

SDJL
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

I click on the HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 😎 link most recently sent and it takes me to a page headlined:

"HP Notebook PCs - How Do I Find My Model Number, Serial Number or Product Number?

This document pertains to finding the model and product number on HP notebook PCs."

Huh?
HP Recommended

Hi @bobpetow,

My mistake, please try this link again: HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 😎

SDJL
I work on behalf of HP

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.