Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP 15R008TX
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)
Hi, I bought a HP laptop in December 2016 and updated bios from F18 to F36, recently the hard drive got crashed and fixed a new one, but now while installing OS with DVDs I'm getting a msg saying RESTORATION INCOMPLETE at the end (in the details option I found some P2PP BURNBOOT CHECK FAILED) to fix this I searched everything even tried changing date to 2016/2012/2013 but it's not fixed yet, please plz help me out to resolve this.
6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello @ssvini

Welcome to the HP Support forum.

If the PC was purchased in Dec 2016, it should still be with active warranty. Have you tried contacting HP Support and sending the PC for free repair from HP ?

- Make sure you boot in BIOS (F10) and ensure you load default settings , save changes eventually and restart

- The HDD size of the new HDD should be the same as the original one or bigger . For example, if you initial HDD was with 500 GB capacity , new one must also be 500 GB or bigger (e.g. 750 GB, 1 TB, 2 TB, etc...). Only this way the recovery discs will work

Let me know if this helps.

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013
HP Recommended
Hello sir,
I'm sorry the laptop is purchased on October 2014 the warranty is expired after that the hard disc got crashed, I replaced it with new one and tried installing os using original recovery DVDs even tried to set the BIOS to default and read the suggestions from previous posts but nothing helped.
Please help me out in this
HP Recommended

OK,

How about the HDD ? What size/capacity is your new one ? Original HDD is 500GB, new one must also be 500 or bigger...

With regards to the BIOS, try setting the date to the years you already posted, save, try again and then reset again to default settings.

With regards to the DVD recovery set - where did you obtain them from ? When was that ?

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013
HP Recommended
The size of HDD is 1TB same as original and the dvds were done when the laptop was bought, I'll try to set the date as mentioned previously again.
Thank you very much for the responses, I'll contact you again if the problem persists..
HP Recommended
Hello sir
I'm getting the same RESTORATION INCOMPLETE msg is there any alternative?
HP Recommended

I am sorry to hear it is not working as expected again.

Please, check and answer the following questions:

# Do you have all your peripherals disconnected while you are trying to do this (nothing 3rd party should be attached to the PC) ?

# Are the recovery discs the original ones for Windows 8.1 ?

Where did you obtain them from ?

# Have you ever opened your PC ?

Have you ever undergo any hardware change on your PC (other than the HDD change) - for example some cables change, motherboard change, etc ?

Looking forward to your reply.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.