Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP laptop 15-au123cl
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

My new HP laptop 15-au123cl often reminds me:

Spoiler (Highlight to read)

MS Account

You need to fix your MS Account for apps on your other devices

to be able to launch apps and continue experience on this device.

Spoiler (Highlight to read)               MS Account              You need to fix your MS Account for apps on your other devices               to be able to launch apps and continue experience on this device. 

On MS I have one ACCOUNT:  Honglin Zhao, [Personal Information Removed]

Qui??2ff.   

I really can’t understand what the mistake of my ACCOUNT has??!!

By the way, my pc persists a trouble: it can’t not boot into SAFE_MODE.

It prompts:

This app can’t  open.

Tips can’t be opened using the build-in Administrator account.

Sign in with a different account and try again.             

Are there any connection between the two-trouble?!

Hope to have your instruction.           --- Zhao

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

@zpxykm

Thanks for reaching out to us on HP Support Forums. 🙂 I came across your post and would like to help.

I understand that you have an HP Pavilion - 15-au123cl laptop and there seems to be an issue with your Outlook email account and also the laptop does not enter into the safe mode.

I cannot make a judgment now to say that there is a connection between these two things. 

To provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

• What issue are you exactly facing with your outlook account? Please elaborate further.
  • Are you unable to login to your Windows connected account?

Meanwhile, I suggest you to refer to this HP document as it explains the different ways to login to the safe mode in Windows 10. 

If safe mode still does not work then suggest you to perform a Windows refresh (repair) as it could be related to a glitch in the Windows operating system. Though the link provides steps for Windows8, the steps will work for Windows 10 also. 

I hope this helps. Let me know how it goes. Cheers! 

HP Recommended

Everyday  I use MS email account, including zpxykm@outlook.com and the password: 

qui??2f?.  I don't any question with my MS email account!

Anyway I need to be able to log into "SAFE-MODE"

---- Zhao

HP Recommended

@Zhao363

Thanks for replying. 🙂

Let me know if the HP document from my previous post helped you to try getting to the safe mode in different ways?

Thanks! 

HP Recommended

Hello MKazi:  Thank you for reply.

Your article I read days ago and tried the first 2 method to boot into Safe Mode.

As I said in the previous posts, they were failed. Today I tried the first two methods

again and failed again, the prompts are the same:

This app can't open.

Tips can't be opened using the Beild-in Administrator account. Sign in

with a different account. 

As for the 3rd method I tried it today but also unsuccessful. By:

.... > F11  > Troubleshooting  > Advanced Option  > Command Prompt > 

enable Safe Mode  > .....

I type:  

bcdedit /set {default} safeboot minimal and press Enter.

It prompts right away:

An unknown Command was specified, Run" bcdedit/?" for command line 

assistance.

You see, a simple question "Safe Mode" is so struggle!  

Hope you will  help me again.                          --- Zhao

HP Recommended

@Zhao363

You're welcome Zhao. 

I suggest you to perform a Windows refresh (repair). This does not delete your data. However, the following is what is does:

• Your files and personalization settings such as libraries, user accounts, and desktop themes are saved.

• The computer settings are returned to the defaults.

• Apps from the Windows store are reinstalled, and the settings are reset to their defaults. Internet connectivity is not required to reinstall these apps.

• Desktop apps are removed unless they were installed by the computer manufacturer. At the end of the refresh process, an HTML file called Removed Apps.html is placed on the desktop with a list of the desktop apps that were removed.

NOTE: Though the link provides steps for Win8, the steps will be useful for Win10 too.

I hope this helps. Let me know. All the best! 🙂

HP Recommended

Hello MKazi: I am sorry, I can't find the word "Refresh" 

2-way in the article you introduced. 

Way1:  L-start > L-power > shift + Restart > Choose an Option(Continue, Use a device,

Troubleshooting and Turn off your pc) > Troubleshoot(Reset this pc, Recovery Manager

and Advanced Options) > Advanced Options(System Restore, System Image Recovery,

Startup repair, ..,Startup Setting) > Startup Repair ....

After select "Startup Repair", the result is:  Startup Repair could not repair your pc. press ....

Way2: on the right of "Start", a small window says: " type here to search"

I typed " Refresh" It prompts: 

" Best March:  Reset this pc system setting"

So I did not find the word "Refresh" in both ways.  

Maybe the Windows changed, the ways changed, too.  

By the way, followed other your experts suggested, I did do System-Reset and

System-Recovery.  Each way took several hours, but "can not boot into Safe-Mode"

remained the same!  

How????                           ---Zhao

HP Recommended

@Zhao363

Please try this:

• From the Start screen, type refresh to open the Search charm, and then select Refresh your PC without affecting your files from the search results.

• The Update and recovery window opens.
  • Under Refresh your PC without affecting your files, click Get started.

Figure : Update and Recovery

Image of Refresh your PC without affecting your files selected

• On the Refresh your PC screen, click Next.

Figure : Refresh your PC

Image of Refresh your PC

• Please continue with the onscreen instructions. 

Hope this helps. Cheers!

HP Recommended

Hello  MKazi:

Too awful, I even can not find the 1st step of the REFRESH  you told me in the last post.

You said: 

From the Start screen, type refresh to open the Search charm, and then select Refresh your PC without affecting  

your files from the search results.

Where should type the refresh and where is the  Search charm  ?

(My OS  is windows10.)       It's strange trouble!        --Zhao  

HP Recommended

Hi @Zhao363

I am the The_Fossette. It looks like you were interacting with @MKazi, but he is out of the office today so I'll take over from here.

Follow below steps.

1. Head to Start then go to Settings.
  2. Head into Update & security.
  3. On the left, head into Recovery.
  4. Under reset this PC, click Get Started.
  5. Click what method you want to perform.
  6. Windows is now loading the list of applications you'll need to reinstall.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.