Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

@p1_p1_p1

Sorry but I will not waste any more time with an

There are other people that deserve the time.

Plus I have real work to do.

IMG_0694.JPG

Good luck.

REO

HP Recommended

solved - sata card VEN DEV reflashed and now running on f... HP **bleep**books,

and for wifi solution search for atheros wifi flasher and modify ids and reflash wifi card too, modify driver inf and copy it in windows/inf and done 😛

hp is good maybe as printer 😛 but notebooks are **bleep**ty

HP Recommended

@p1_p1_p1  I am in a similar situation. I just bought a new WiFi card for my HP Laptop and am now getting that annoying ridiculous 104-Unsupported error.

You mentioned reflashing the WiFi card ?

I would appreciate if you could let me know how you did that so I can get my WiFi card working here ....

thanks

HP Recommended

hope my PM helps.

HP Recommended

I have discovered a location that contains "updated" Bios versions for various machines and model, where the whitelist has been removed.

I have successfully updated my Bios and can now use the generic wifi / bluetooth card giving me the latest protocols and speed.

https://www.bios-mods.com/BIOS/

Hope this helps  ...   

HP Recommended

Bios modding is possible on some ntb models, there is no fixed bios for some ntbks...

HP Recommended

I rolled the dice because I could not stand the Ralink RT3290 any longer. I am happy to say that the Intel 7260HMW-AC was accepted by my HP ENVY dv4.

Edit: I spoke too soon. I installed it and it worked for 2 days, then would not turn on in Windows (red x over the wireless icon). I did everything I could, but nothing worked. Put the old card back in and it was ok. I then returned that one and got a replcement. Same thing! This time it worked for 1 day and then stopped. It'srecognized in Windows device manager and everything, latest drivers, latest bios, but red x. It is NOT doing the post thing where it says unsupported hardware. It literally works perfectly for a day or two then dies. **bleep**? Oh well, back to crappy WiFi.

HP Recommended

"Sorry but I will not waste any more time with an

There are other people that deserve the time.

Plus I have real work to do."

What are you, Corporate shill?

Trying to impose your own opinion/interests upon others?

Indeed you are just wasting our time and resources. 

HP Recommended

@ricksgone

I brought recently this http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?swItemId=ob_159080_1&swEnvOid=4192

HP lt4120 Snapdragon X5 LTE

It is compatible with all OS' no problem there and no problem with FCC. But I own Elitebook 840 G1 and I got "Wireless Module not supported WWAN Module ID (703)". It is allegedly compatible with G3 model.  I've compared G1 (2014) vs G3 and there is very minimal difference aside that G3 has latest genration of CPUs.

So it comes down to BIOS.  HP simply doesn't want to update BIOS to be compatible with newest hardware. Corporate fascists want us to spend money to their latest laptops.

And yes I'll never buy anything anymore from HP and any of those who has Whitelisting policies.

HP Recommended

One point that hasn't been said is not only are the computers FCC comopliant, but if you look at the label on a wifi card, there's also a FCC ID # on the label.

Example: an Intel dual band wireless-AC3160 card, model # 3160HMW carries FCC ID: PD93160H

Basically, the laptop does not need to comply with the FCC, but the internal components that can cause interference  have to comply. So if a replacement part is FCC compliant, it should work in a computer. In my opinion, the whitelist is just a method for HP to sell upgrade/replacement parts.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.