Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP TouchSmart Elite 7320

I need to reset the BIOS password for a 

HP TouchSmart Elite 7320

Product Number: XZ897UT#ABA

Should this require moving jumpers or some strange code (password)?

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@eknotts1

When asked for the password, just hit enter 3 times.

Post any code you receive.

REO

HP Recommended

The system does not post any code, it starts loading the OS. And for clarification, this is the "Setup Password" that needs to be reset. So I can go in and change the Boot Order.

HP Recommended

@eknotts1

HP TouchSmart Elite 7320 All-in-One PC - 2. Service Procedure Videos

https://h20574.www2.hp.com/results.htm?SID=5154823&MEID=A442484F-F941-4B8A-A69A-CB6B89FCDACE

You will need to get to the CMOS/PASSWORD jumpers.

Move them both to the other side and power on for just a second.

Move the jumpers back to their original position.

REO

HP Recommended

This is a picture of the jumpers on my motherboard. I moved them both and powered up, shut down and placed them back in their original position. No change in the password.Jumpers.jpg

HP Recommended

@eknotts1

I wish they would have used reset switches???

The jumpers are the worst.

They do not stick to just one method.

I would try to just remove the jumpers and power-on for a sec.

Take both out and try putting one on the left side.

It may just take trying every combination.

REO

HP Recommended

Was this issue ever resolved? I had the exact same issue and solved it.

HP Recommended

This worked: Taking off both jumpers, putting the bottom one back on one space to the left and powering on.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.