Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I had a Windows 32 System Error.  A file was corrupt or missing.

I first had to go into the Bios and disable SATA Native Mode.

Then, I put in the Windows Recovery Disk I purchased from Amazon.

I went to a screen that read, "Microsoft Windows XP(TM) Recovery Console

The Recovery Console provides system repair and recovery.

Type EXIT to quit the Recovery Console and restart the computer.

1. D:\MiniNT

Which Windows installation would you like to log onto

(To cancel, press ENTER)

This didn't  work at all.

So I went back to try a step (Recovery Mode F11) that initially didn't work but 

I noticed more progress since I disabled the SATA Native mode.

So I went to Recovery Mode and this time it worked.

I recovered Windows back to Factory settings.

Do I have to go back and enable SATA Native now?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi:

It is best if you can, but you cannot until you install the SATA ACHI driver.

If you have an Intel processor, I can help you do that.  If you have an AMD processor, I can't because I don't know how.

If you have a notebook with an Intel processor, please post your full notebook model.

It isn't really a big deal if you can't change the setting back. You'll hardly notice any difference.

It is just that ACHI mode allows the hard drive to perform more efficiently for lack of a better word.

See this article for more info.

http://www.differencebetween.net/technology/difference-between-ahci-and-ide/

Paul

HP Recommended
Hello my laptop doesn't allow any operating system to be installed. it always shows me errors such like " ...drive needs is missing..." or "windows can't install in drive 0"

It's :

Note book model : hp 14 notebook PC
BIOS version : F.24
processor type : intel(r) celeron

I really need help to fixe this
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.