Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

@BeasTech5000 wrote:

is it just me or has the update been released to fix this sleep issue, it did say it was intelso it might be it!!!!!!! does this update work for anyone else because i havent tested it yet !! IF THIS WORKS

Can you be more specific?  What intel update? What machine?  What driver?

HP Recommended

screen1win10.jpg

I am currently downloading the above from Windows Update. Of course, I have no idea what the CUMULATIVE UPDATE does.  I guess I will go find out. 🙂  ....and the UPDATE contains:

The security update for Windows 10 that is dated August 11, 2015, includes improvements to improve the functionality of Windows 10 and resolves the following vulnerabilities in Windows:

• 3086251 MS15-092: Vulnerabilities in the .NET Framework could allow elevation of privilege: August 11, 2015
  • 3084525 MS15-091: Cumulative security update for Microsoft Edge: August 11, 2015
  • 3082458 MS15-088: Unsafe command-line parameter passing could allow information disclosure: August 11, 2015
  • 3082487 MS15-085: Vulnerability in Mount Manager could allow elevation of privilege: August 11, 2015
  • 3078662 MS15-080: Vulnerabilities in Microsoft graphics component could allow remote code execution: August 11, 2015
  • 3082442 MS15-079: Cumulative security update for Internet Explorer: August 11, 2015

I do not see "Fixes all the HP users out there who have been left out in the cold after upgrading to Windows 10 and have exhausted all of their kleenex as a result" in the list. 😞

HP Recommended

Updates downloaded and installed.. no intel drivers though (guessing because I already have the latest from their site) and will not be holding my breath. 

Already part way through a personal fix for this, if this is not fixed tonight from these updates then tomorrow will be an interesting day for me :generic:

HP Recommended

@re4med wrote:

@BeasTech5000 wrote:

is it just me or has the update been released to fix this sleep issue, it did say it was intelso it might be it!!!!!!! does this update work for anyone else because i havent tested it yet !! IF THIS WORKS

Can you be more specific?  What intel update? What machine?  What driver?

He meant KB3081436, available through Windows Update. No, this don't fix anything!

HP Recommended

@RorG9 wrote:

Already part way through a personal fix for this, if this is not fixed tonight from these updates then tomorrow will be an interesting day for me :generic:

What personal fix?  Care to elaborate?

HP Recommended

I had a feeling there'd be an update today. Don't all Microsoft updates release on a Tuesday? I expect another one next Tuesday. But as for the update itself, it's just all Microsoft Office updates by the looks of it! No use for fixing our issue.
And another day passes...

HP Recommended

Everyone should check their HP Support Assistant, there's a Intel Chipset update which may fix it.

HP Recommended
Well my hp support assistant software is screwed up. Also I had Intel rapid storage on windows 8.1 as well.
HP Recommended
Try to uninstall and reinstall the Hp support assistant software. No idea what rapid storage is though
HP Recommended

@Timstarh01 wrote:

Everyone should check their HP Support Assistant, there's a Intel Chipset update which may fix it.

It is there for my system (HP Pavillion 15 laptop).  You would think the description, if it were the resolution, would say something like:

"FIXES the 500 thousand HP laptops out there that are suffering through a nightmare upgrade to Windows 10 and robs the local liquor stores of business"....or something related 😉

...and of course, it wants me to restart my computer.  You would think, after X number of versions of Windows, They would figure out how to update without making me close everything and reboot/restart/press and hold the power button/stand on my head and sing doo-dah...SIGH.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.