Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
I reinstalled v.9.5.24.1790 Rev.A, and blocked windows update from reinstall v.11(followed your instructions)
The Device Manager confirm that I am running v.9...

The problem is the same, unable to wake from sleep.
Power light is blinking, and everything looks normal, but when I try to wake it up, the screen stays black and the fans starts spinning at high speed.
After about 30 sec.it restart with an kernel error message, or I get a "blue screen" describing an video error.
HP Recommended

Oof...  Those are related but different symptoms, likely related to another Windows 10 driver compatibility issue.  Sorry to hear it!

HP Recommended

Still no fix? This is starting to get really annoying.

HP Recommended
HP Recommended
This has been a "temporary solution" for many HP users, and it is greatly appreciated!

For the rest of us, with mobile workstations like Zbook, there is no solution yet. How long do we have to wait , and who are working to solve this?

I have tried to get help from HP Support, I have payed them to help me with problems like this.
The only help I get from them is silly things like: "make sure that windows update is set to automatic"
and" try to change power scheme to high performance"
Things like that is no help at all, most of us try all those things before we call Support. When we contact them for help, we hope for a little bit more than the obvious.
HP Recommended

If this isn't fixed soon, I'm just going to go back to windows 8. I need this laptop for school and having to shut down and restart every time I open my laptop is just too time consuming. 

HP Recommended

I still have the issue despite being on 9.5.24.1790.  I've tried 10 and 11 too, but not joy.

This is on a ZBook 14 - it does seem that the solution doesn't work for ZBooks for some reason, unless anyone has succesfully applied to fix to these models ?

HP Recommended

After going through and trying all the suggestions on the HP forums, I found the following by searching without HP in the search:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-power/problems-in-shutting-downhibernate...

Method 2 worked for me:

Method 2:

It could be a compatibility issue with the new Fast Startup component.

Try the below steps and check:

1. Open Control Panel / Power  Options.
  2. On the Left side menu, select  Choose what the power buttons do.
  3. Select Change settings that are currently unavailable.
  4. Scroll down to the Shutdown settings section.
  5. Remove the check mark from the Turn on Fast Startup option.
  6. Select the Save Changes Button.

Shut Down the computer, wait a couple of minutes and then use the Power Button to start the computer.

HP Recommended

I had this problem but solved it a few days ago. You have to go to Control Panel. Device Manager, Intel Management Engine Interface. Right click and select properties.  Go to power management and untick both items.  Save and reboot. Your computer will be back to normal.

HP Recommended

No luck here.  I tried the last two posted fixes, ran the new HP Support Assistant, installed the freshly dated 09-01-15

drivers that suddenly showed for my model laptop, it worked well for most of the day but finally froze up again.

I gave them a month, back to 8.1 for awhile I guess.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.