Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Looks likes affecting many users with diffrent laptops models.

Split X2 here wont power down eiher, ive disable sleep for now.

Yeah it was all good in W8.1 for me too.

HP Recommended

Same problem. Model  HP 15-n005st. 

HP Recommended

As of today, it looks like my laptop has started going to sleep on its own and stays in sleep mode.    I cannot see that any updates have downloaded so im not sure what changed.    All seems fine now.

HP Recommended

I am having the EXACT same problem as below with my HP Envy x360  Apparently we need a new driver or something for the windows 10.  Please help!!! 

"I updated my Pavilion 15 laptop to Windows 10 and when I try to put it into sleep mode (both closing the laptop and choosing the sleep option), the screen just turns off and the power button light remains on. I would hold the button to turn it off completely, but when I turn it back on again, I seem to have lost all the settings that I have set before that restart. For example, I changed the settings in the Synaptics settings, but when I restart it, it goes back to default settings. This has never happened to me before until I got Windows 10. Any help please?"

HP Recommended

hi! try to update BIOS and drivers for other devices. i used HP support assistent and maybe it helped me. it seems the problem is solved.

HP Recommended

HP help desk update the bios yesterday. I too, thought it was fixed.  IT IS NOT!  Computer will not wake

HP Recommended

This solution worked for me on the Envy x360:

- On the Desktop, right-click on This PC and select Properties

- On the left, choose Device Manager

- Click the arrow next to Display Adaptors to expand that category

- Right-click on Intel(R) HD Graphics Family and select Update Driver Software...

- Choose the option to Search Automatically for Updated Driver Software

- Your computer should find and automatically install the updated driver

- After the installation is complete, restart your computer

I'm now able to successfully shut down, sleep, and resume from sleep!

Hope this helps others with the same issue.

HP Recommended

I can confirm that the steps posted by DanG82 -- manually updating the IntelHD driver -- worked for my Pavilion 13 laptop.

Before, the computer (Fan, etc.) would remain after the screen went off, and the light wouldn't blink slowly to indicate sleep mode. After the update, I've successfully put the computer to sleep and woken it back up with normal behavior. 

Thanks!

Though I'm still wondering why it was necessary to manually update, HP. 

HP Recommended

Unfortunately this solution didn't work for me. Mine is HP Pevilion.

HP Recommended

That solution has yet to work for me either. I'm trying to update the driver software for the Intel(R) HD Graphics Family and it is still "Searching online for software..." and has been doing so for 20 minutes. I can't cancel or close the box either. I guess I'll just close my HP Envy x360 lid to put it in permanent sleep mode again. *SIGH* 

Come on HP, where is the official fix?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.