Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Will do now.
HP Recommended
Would that be systems test or component tests?
HP Recommended

I had to replace the hard drive.  thanks for you help.

HP Recommended
Hi, i bought a new hard driver for hp model no 15-209, after following all instructions, i stucked where i sppose to enter a four digit code, i tried it, but there is no space todo that in order to complete the change so that i can format, could you please help me out?
HP Recommended

Hello@Shakess,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums!  It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel.

Boot issue on the PC. Did I get it, right?

I will be able to provide you the best solution possible for which I need the complete model number of the PC and the operating system being used on it.

Hope this answers the question. Please let me know more.

Resolv_S

Glad to help you. I work for HP

Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

"HP respects and is committed to protecting the personal information of our covered individuals." You can read more in the HP Privacy Statement.

Note: HP Doesn't recommend any upgrade/downgrade of any hardware/software parts or software that is bundled with the product. It may affect the manufacturer's warranty.

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

Thank you!! ...I thought this bios update bricked the laptop! It reported failure and then this error.. 

After flipping Legacy/Secure Boot, I'm back in Windows. The "tap the escape key" was most helpful as Google returns a few, less hopeful articles that match and their use of WIN+[B|V] key combo only produced beeps... 

HP Recommended

Thanks! this worked for me, on a Stream 7, after I found out how to boot into BIOS (hold power + volume down key) . Disabled secure boot, and just in case also boot from CD and network, then boot worked. then I reversed the setting change, but left boot from CD disabled. Boot again worked fine.

HP Recommended

Hi…I followed this advice but now I have major problems. Can anyone help?

As advised in this thread I had the problem “Screen says: Select boot image did not authenticate” and I tried the following:

• Ientered the Start-up Menu and then selected the Bios Menu
  • Set Secure Boot to Disabled and Legacy Devices to Enabled.
  • I accepted “changing the system may make unable to boot the OS”
  • It then said “it says no bootable device”
  • I tried  try re-enabling Secure boot and rebooting again. Again, no bootable device.

At this point I asked my IT guy at work to help recover the data. He tried the following:-

The Harddrive was originaly in MBR format, but due to the BIOS change (the “Legacy Hardware” setting) that caused the issue it set the disk to GPT format, which stopped it from booting. What I have tried so far to retrieve the data is:

1. Load Windows Recovery Disk – This failed to mount the harddrive and didn’t boot
  2. Take the Harddrive out of the laptop, place it in a caddy and use Data Recovery software (EaseUS and Partition Wizard). This showed the drive as being connected, but Windows would not Activate the disk, so the software would not see the partitions to recover from.
  3. (After putting the harddrive back) Load EaseUS via a WindowsPE environment. Again, this would not boot as the WindowsPE environment would not activate the disk.
  4. Booted the laptop into WindowsViaUSB. This succeeded in booting into Windows, loading EaseUS, mounting the drives and finding the files, however, it was excrutiatingly slow, and after 10 days of transferring it had only managed to copy around 2,000 out of about 8 million.
  5. Tried to boot into Puppy Linux and use TestDisk to find the files. Puppy Linux failed to mount the drive, throwing a Kernel error.
  6. Managed to boot into Mint Linux, use TestDisk to load the partition and search for files. Managed to initiate the transfer of files, however the system crashed after around half an hour. Managed to boot back into the OS but TestDisk would not copy the files.
  7. Used SystemRescue Live CD to boot into a separate Linux environment and used TestDisk again. Again the partitions were found, but after multiple attempts would not copy the files.

Can anyone help?

HP Recommended

In addition to my question above, my computer details are:-

HP Pavilion 15 Notebook PC

Product no K7Q14EA#ABU

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.