Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I just removed the stock HDD that came with my M4-1015x and now I'm trying to install windows 7 to the SSD that I replaced it with. However, upon boot up I get the message "Selected boot image did not authenticate. Press <enter> to continue" when the laptop attempts to read the OS from the disc. I've never seen this before... any help? (It's a legitimate DVD copy of Windows 7)

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I fixed it. Had to disable secureboot and enable legacy boot mode to get it to run.

View solution in original post

56 REPLIES 56
HP Recommended

I fixed it. Had to disable secureboot and enable legacy boot mode to get it to run.

HP Recommended

Thank you!  I had the same issue.

HP Recommended
Thanks a lot ! I don't know how you figured it out but thank you !
HP Recommended

No problem 🙂

It's just a product of having built many systems and being comfortable in the BIOS. I posted here as soon as the problem occured and went to work on my own while waiting for a response 😛

HP Recommended
Hi my fathers laptop is having the same problem. Would you be so kind and explain how you did what you did to fix this?
HP Recommended

I dont know what to do in this case every key is locked and the pc hasnt a cd/dvd lector what should i do?

HP Recommended
how i disable secureboot and enable the legacy boot mode?
HP Recommended

Go to BIOS at startup. 

reset/power of and on again, press F9 or F10

and then boot properties from upper menu.

F10 to save changes.

In the meantime follow all directions from your system.

// It should be easier, I have now idea how did you figger out out that secureboot and legacy. I need to read what the hell is it 😉 But changing of that options works - THANKS a LOT !! 

HP Recommended

nope, it does not work, trying to reboot from hdd over and over again.

I am just trying to recover from DVD's for the 3rd time. First after changing that settings in bios/UEFI. 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.