Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Pavilion dv7-4180us
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Greetings,

I'm getting this error when I try to shut down:

1 programs still need to close:

(Waiting for) {94f11419-869e-47aa-9563-f48591285c...

This program is preventing Windows from shutting down.

It turns out the program {94f11419-869e-47aa-9563-f48591285c... is actually:

c:\Program Files (x86)\Hewlett-Packard\Media\Webcam\YCMMirage.exe

Does anyone know what YouCam Mirage is? Or what it does?

I tried asking this question on the YouCam forum without a response. I see someone here asked how to disable it, but I was wondering how that would affect my system.

Thanks,

Shane.

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Hello @Shanester,

Welcome back to the HP Support Forums!

I read your post about the YouCam Mirage issue, and wanted to assist you!

This program is not essential for the Windows Operating System.  If it is causing the shutdown issue, you can uninstall the program using the Control Panel.  Please review the following resources for more information about YouCam Mirage:

What is MirageAgent in Task Scheduler?

What is YCMMirage.exe? (Not an HP supported Web site).

Please let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as  "Accept as Solution" , this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for.  Also, clicking the Thumbs up below is a great way to say thanks!

Regards!

SDF15
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

This program is not essential for the Windows Operating System.  If it is causing the shutdown issue, you can uninstall the program using the Control Panel. 

Where can I find it in the Control Panel? It's not in CyberLink or YouCam.

How can I reinstall it? YouCam has the ability to record webcam conversations, which I can't find anywhere else.

Thanks,

Shane.

HP Recommended

Hello @Shanester,

Thank you for the quick reply!

Once you are in the Control Panel, go to the Programs option, and click Uninstall a program.

Programs.PNG

From that point you will see a list of programs.  You can uninstall the program by right-clicking it, and selecting the option.  You can reinstall programs and drivers using HP Support Assistant.

I hope this helps.

Please let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as  "Accept as Solution" , this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for.  Also, clicking the Thumbs up below is a great way to say thanks!

Regards!

SDF15
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
HP Recommended

Sorry, I meant to say it's not in the "Uninstall a program" list in the Control Panel.

I see that someone gave instructions on how to disable it, but I would prefer to uninstall it.

I'm also trying to figure out how to reinstall it, as it has a feature that I can't find anywhere else.

Thanks,

Shane.

HP Recommended

Hello @Shanester,

Are you indicating that YouCam does not show up as a program that can be uninstalled?  Perhaps you can follow the instructions for disabling the program, and see if the issue still occurs.  Please let me know the results.

Regards!

SDF15
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

@SDF15 wrote:

Are you indicating that YouCam does not show up as a program that can be uninstalled?  Perhaps you can follow the instructions for disabling the program, and see if the issue still occurs.

Yes, YouCam is not listed as a program that can be uninstalled. I noticed that the installation path:

c:\Program Files (x86)\Hewlett-Packard\Media\Webcam\

doesn't even say 'YouCam' or 'CyberLink'. I'm guessing that it might be something like "HP MediaSmart Webcam", but I'm afraid of uninstalling that might totally disable my webcam.

Thanks,

Shane.

HP Recommended

Hello @Shanester,

Are you using the Webcam, before shutting off the notebook?  What happens if you restart the notebook, and then later shut it down, without using the Webcam?  It is possible that the program may be running in the background, while you are trying to shut down the notebook.  Try that, and let me know the results.  In the meantime, I will see what else I can find out for you.

Regards!

SDF15
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

No—I haven't used the webcam in years.

The program is started by Task Scheduler and is always running in the background. I wish I could make it only run when I launched the program, or uninstall it.

Shane.

HP Recommended

Hello @Shanester,

Try reviewing the following resources, and let me know how it goes:

Windows 7: How to close/exit some program using Task Scheduler in Windows 7?

Closing a program using Task Scheduler

Lesson 2: Using Task Scheduler to Run Processes Later (Not an HP supported Web site).

I hope this helps.

Regards!

SDF15
I work on behalf of HP

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.