Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Spectre x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I've got two Spectre x360 laptops which have both apparently suffered some sort of power supply failure and of course they are out of warranty.

I've seen several other threads of users experiencing the same issue with the same products and wanted to know if this is something HP is willing to fix even though the warranty has expired since this appears to be a manufacturing defect or if I will have to replace the machines.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@ct_support wrote:

I've got two Spectre x360 laptops which have both apparently suffered some sort of power supply failure and of course they are out of warranty.

I've seen several other threads of users experiencing the same issue with the same products and wanted to know if this is something HP is willing to fix even though the warranty has expired since this appears to be a manufacturing defect or if I will have to replace the machines.

Hi,

I think it depends. When you hover your mouse cursor to the battery icon. Whats does it gives you? "Plug in not charging?"

Regards

ichi

"Education costs money; so does Ignorance"

If my post has helped you, click the Kudos Thumbs up!
If it solved your issue, Click the "Accept as Solution" button so others can benefit from the question you asked!

HP Recommended

The batteries are dead so I'm unable to power them on. When I plug them in I don't get any indicator lights that they are charging.

HP Recommended

@ct_support wrote:

The batteries are dead so I'm unable to power them on. When I plug them in I don't get any indicator lights that they are charging.

Hi,

Have you tried using different chargers? You could still call hp regardless if your out of warranty. Heres the number for out of warranty cases 866-724-8600​​

Regards

ichi

"Education costs money; so does Ignorance"

If my post has helped you, click the Kudos Thumbs up!
If it solved your issue, Click the "Accept as Solution" button so others can benefit from the question you asked!

HP Recommended

Yes, I've tried multiple chargers and none have worked.

I'll try giving them a call.

Thank you for the number.

HP Recommended

I contacted the support line and was told I would need to pay approximately $750 to repair the fauly units (there are three now having the issue). 

That's essentially the same as replacing the entire unit so I'll be doing that with a non-HP product.

Thank you for your assistance.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.