Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Spectre X360
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Brand new spectre x360. It's a beautiful machine except for the wireless.

I'll itemize the issues that I'm having with the laptop.

- Got the laptop and after 3 weeks all of a sudden it decided not to connect to my home wireless network.

I absoluty have no clue why this is happening. It seems to happen randomly. I'm working alone for 3 to 4 days and one morning it just decides not to connect. I got my desktop, phone and tablet all able to connect without any problems.

- The second issue is with the bluetooth. As soon as I connect my sony bluetooth headphones the wireless internet connection drops. The onyl way to reconnect to the internet is to disconnect the bluetooth headphones. 

So I can either have wireless internet or the bluetooth headphones but not both at the same time.

- The last problem is that through out the day the wireless connection randomly drops. Try loading a webpage and the browser gives me a connection error but the laptop says it's connected. Only after I disconnect and reconnect the laptop that I can start browsing again.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled both the hp and intel drivers.

22 REPLIES 22
HP Recommended

Hi there @Alpin,

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums and Welcome! This is a great site to get answers and ask questions. I have looked into the issue(s) you are having with your Bluetooth and Wireless Connections.

Please NOTE; Use only one Bluetooth-enabled device at a time. Using multiple Bluetooth-enabled devices at a time may cause the devices to lose their connection. Here is a document I found called Understanding and troubleshooting Bluetooth wireless technology. It explains Bluetooth Wireless Technology for you.

I also found a document called Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 😎.

Here is a document from the Microsoft Community on Constant Drops in Internet Connection. It has some troubleshooting steps as well.

Please follow these provided troubleshooting steps, re-post and let me know how everything went.

Thank you!

Have a great day!

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Hi and thanks for your response,

I have tried most of the troubleshooting steps that you've suggested but had no luck thus decided to post on the support forums.

You've suggested connecting only one bluetooth device at a time but I'm able connect at least 3 devices (phone, headphones and a bluetooth keybord) on my desktop. So I think I should be able to do the same on my brand new 2015 ultrabook.

But yes for testing purposes I'm trying only one bluetooth connection at a time.

Aside from that I've done a little more testing with the bluetooth issue and while transfering some photos from my phone via bluetooth also disconnects my wireless internet connection. 

So independent of the device trying to use a bluetooth connection drops my internet.

Thank you 

HP Recommended

To those of you deciding which ultrabook to buy stay away from the spectre x360.

It's 2015 and I can't get this laptop to connect to my home wireless network. 

When it magically decides to connect to the wifi it disconnects as soon as you connect a bluetooth device.

What a joke! 

If I could I would return this laptop right away but unfortunately I bought it in europe...

HP Recommended

I have my new Spectre X360 6 days ago and since the start I have the same problems between Wireless and Bluetooth (I am using Windows 10). If I disable my Bluetooth mouse the wireless goes back to normal; however if I have in ON the mouse randomly the speed is going to cero (mostly upload first) or no Internet connection is available.

Even if I am trying to send an e-mail with an attachment (when there is connection with Internet) the upload speed is similar to dial-up but as soon as set off the mouse the change to normal is immediately.

Regarding the laptop I like it a lot however HP needs to work on that urgently to solve this conflict because Bluetooth is necessary for the connection to many devices (printer, mouse, smart phone, etc.).

Thanks for your attention.

Best regards.

HP Recommended

I have same problem with a HP Spectre x360 - 13-4193nr (ENERGY STAR).

Lots of problems with Bluetooth.  My cell phone causes my bluetooth mouse to stop working.  My bluetooth mouse interfers with my bluetooth music receiver.  I tested microsoft surface and lenovo at Microsoft store and they did not have this problem.  Microsoft is telling me to return my Spectre and buy a different computer.  I would like to keep the Spectre but get its bluetooth fixed so I can play music, use my mouse and receive phone calls on my cell phone.

I went to HP support and replaced bios, networking and bluetooth drivers.  We install win 10 threshold.  None of these fix the problem.

Can someone from HP acknowledge they have  problem with the bluetooth spectre x360 and that they are working on resolving it.  I suggest you just go to any microsoft store and try to connect a bluetooth mouse to a spectre for starters.

HP Recommended

I am experiencing the same issue, with a new HP Spectre x360 - 13-4195dx.  I'm using the latest drivers as of mid-December 2015 when I purchased the laptop.

When I connect the HP Spectre x360 to my bluetooth headset (LG HBS750, supporting bluetooth 3.0), and begin playing music from my laptop to the Bluetooth headset I consistently see many ping drops between the laptop and my local router's interface, connected over wifi.

When I disconnect my Bluetooth device, turn off Bluetooth on the laptop, or stop playing music over the headset, ping returns to normal behavior.

This is more than likely a driver issue.  Since Bluetooth and b/g/n wifi share a frequency band, software is used to avoid conflicts.  See this almost identical issue on a totally different platform here: http://apple.stackexchange.com/questions/153009/bluetooth-and-wifi-interfering-with-one-another-sinc...

HP Recommended

I too cannot use BT & WiFi on my shiny new Spectre 360.

One would think standardized tests would have unconvered this in development in a firm as prestigious as HP.

This whiney comment is to insure notification is a solution is posted.

Cheers

HP Recommended

I really do like HP products and most especially their after sales service. Sadly, my much-loved X360 laptop (Intel Core-M, 128gb SSD version) goes back tomorrow and I'm being given a full refund. The Realtek combo-adapter HP have used for wifi and blutetooth connection just didn't work for me. If I used wi-fi, I couldn't use bluetooth; if I used bluetooth, I couldn't use wi-fi. It seems that HP tech support think that's okay and I should live with it; well, that's what I learned after an hour with their online technician. I cannot live with it. of course. HP's after-sales advisor thought differently, thankfully. She used her common sense, saw my problem, and offered a full refund. At present, I was told, no fix is in the pipeline.

If yours doesn't have this issue, I'd say you have one of the best little laptops going: super-light, super-fast, brilliant screen and fab keyboard... I'm sad to be losing it.

HP Recommended

I have the same most annoying problem. Even on Power when I first turn on the x 360  there are no  network adaptors at all are seen under Device Manager. Of course the HP Z5000 mouse does not work nor have internet connection .  ( I still cant get use to the single pad thingy)  It takes 1-2 x goes of turning off and back on before this rotten laptop decides to turn on the adaptors and drivers before anything works. I have " up to date" BIOS and I have uploaded all HP Win 10 drivers on offer.

This is a serious issue that HP seem to have annoyed,   I "Glad" to hear others having the same problem and it is not just me.  This is an expensive top shelf  lap top and I bought HP for its suppose expertise. Seriously I am misinformed!!!

although my HP Z 640 running Win 7 is Ok - occasionally it ChillsOut when doing things and occasional program apps seem to go missing. I have had to reinstalled Outllok twice when the pst file suddenly goes missing. ? Win , ?Hp or Microsoft

I doubt I will update to Win 10 for a long long time. Just too many hassles!!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.