Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Mine's still working. I7 version. 8gigs. 255 ssd. Maybe something is wrong with yours? May want to have it checked out.
HP Recommended
There are two versions for the x360 screen, the FHD and the QHD, could one of the screens be a deal breaker for the pen?
For the guys who bought the pen and it works for them, what screen do you have?
HP Recommended

Well, I never did get the HP stylus to work.  I finally bought one from Dell (750-AAGN) and it works fine.  Many programs are not compatible though, which perplexes me.  It would seem to me that a stylus should look, to the application, like a mouse.  And it should work accordingly.  This is of course a driver issue, not an application one.  But the stylus works fine.

HP Recommended
I bought the pen at best buy ( the salespersons didn't know they carried an HP pen)

It works for me. Its not a great pen tech but it functions OK. I have the base model spectre with upgraded ram.
HP Recommended

I am returning the laptop today. Tech support has been aweful. I called for several issues that should be covered in the first 30 day free support and was switched to a guy who tried to sell me a monthly service contract.  After the issues with finding the correct pen etc, I don't feel comfortable dealing with HP going forward. 

PS.  I did get the Dell pen and it does work. Maybe I put it to use with a Dell product.

HP Recommended

Hi, ccsturgi.

The HP Active Pen is a supported accessory for the HP Spectre x360.

I am an HP employee
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click on the YES button to reply that the response was helpful and/or to say “Thank You”.
HP Recommended

I live in the Netherlands. I bought my Active Pen (the Pro Tablet 408) at Amazon.de in Germany. I don't know if they ship it to France also

HP Recommended

Hi, I just purchased the Spectre x360 for school, the 4003 model, and I was wondering how accurate/precise the Active Pen is (J4R51AA#ABL)? How fine is the point? I need it for pharmacy school and need to be able to accurately draw chemical structures and make small print annotations in OneNote, so I'm wondering if this pen will work well or if I need to find something that would be more accurate and precise.

HP Recommended

Good luck figuring out this feature of the Spectre. I returned mine and bought another brand that has a pen with active digitizer, no batteries required for pen, and the laptop has a place to store pen.

HP Recommended
After buying and trying both the hp and dell active pens, I am happy to tell you the dell makes for a much better experience. The tablet is s a thing of wonder, but the pens are night a day in drawing comfort difference. Get the dell pen.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.