Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

General battery life tips:

• Make sure you have the latest drivers. Especially graphics driver and BIOS. To do this, make sure Windows Update is fresh, and check HPSA for BIOS updates.
  • Screen brightness has the single biggest impact on battery life. Of course, this is all about personal preference, but a couple clicks down on brightness will often help battery a lot, and might even be a bit more comfortable if you’re using for a long time.
  • The apps you’re using can make a big difference. Playing video with the optimized Xbox Video app will give better battery life than other players. Internet Explorer gives better battery life than Chrome. Always helpful to close things you aren’t using. Things like ads loading on webpages in the background can mess with battery life.

It also depends a bit on hardware. I5 will give better battery life than i7; FHD provides better battery life than QHD.

------------
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

Please click the little thumbs-up dealybopper to the lower right if my reply was helpful to you. Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem. This will help others, too!
HP Recommended

Hey guys, 

I just bought my new HP Spectre x360 13 - 4000nc and my battery life is just approximately 4 hours. I am very disappoited. For that money and the claimed 12 hours battery life, this is very low performance! I only use a stable Wi-Fi connection and Word 2013, while being on HP recommended battery settings! It is outrageous and makes me very angry. I have chosen this PC because of the claimed battery life! Is there any possibility to fix this? If there is not, I will be forced to return this computer and share my bad experience.

Please help me ASAP. 

Best regards, 

MA

HP Recommended

Hey there, 

I have the same issue with battery life as the others. I purchased my HP Spectre x360 13-4000nc and it lasts only for 4 hours approximately and that is outrageous! I am very desperate and disappointed I need to fix this. I need my HP to last at least 8 hours straight! Is there anything I could do to fix my battery life performance?

I use HP recommended battery usage and I do only study work in Word 2013 on stable WI-FI connection. 

Best regards, 

MA

HP Recommended

Same issue here.

With very basic usage (answering email with Gmail and a stable wifi connection), it used 10% battery in 30 minutes.

This is simply awful, making this piece of hardware unusable for a typical 8-hour working day.

HP, where is the issue? Why did you do those bold claims about battery life?

HP Recommended

I bought this HP Spectre x360 two days back. I am feeling cheated now. I only use this laptop for browsing and its backup is only 4 hours. 

HP claims 12 hour of back up on their website and I bought this thinking that even if its 8-9 hours than its fine. But it is not even going to touch 6 hours. This is not expectable for this range of laptop. I don't want to spend $1200 dollars in a laptop which can't survive 8-9 hours. I bought it so that I can use at my college.

My 5 year old dell xps laptop gives me 4 hours of backup with new battery. 

One more thing is, its touch pad settings are not individual. You can only select the gesture settings not the any particular movement. I made my pointer speed fastest even though it moves slowly. Its not perfect for a  laptop. I like my pointer to move from less space.

If their is any HP customer care representative here then plz resolve my issue. Thanks

HP Recommended

I have the i7 version with the FHD display. 

I've read through the responses and it appears that the solutions are only sent though PM. 

Question 1. What's a reasonable battery life for the configuration I have? 
Question 2. How can I view the solutions/responses to the other users' questions? 

Thanks . 

HP Recommended

HP Solutions are *TOP SECRET*!  Or....they really screwed up the product design and don't want the general public to know what the fix is. 

Today is Day 1 on my Spectre 360 and as I type this I have 55% battery remaining after 1.5 hours of emailing and reading support forums trying to find a reason why this thing has to run at 10000 degrees!  The bottom of it will actually burn my leg if I set it on my lap.  Isn't this thing a LAPtop?  As a result the fans are cranked up constantly which drains the battery even faster.  

Very disappointed.  12.5 hours?  In sleep mode maybe.

I'm about 54% of battery life away from returning it...

***UPDATE***

After removing the pre-installed McAfee GARBAGE and rebooting, the fans in this thing have become whisper-silent and the temp went waaaaayyyyyyyy  down.  I expect that the battery will get a lot more juice now that the fans aren't fighting to cool this thing.   REMOVE McAFAIL immediately and use Windows Defender.  It's free and works better anyway.  Shame on you HP for getting in bed with McAfee like that.  Any IT person worth his or her salt knows to remove CrapAfee as it's really just glorified spyware.

HP Recommended

Just an update about my post. I contacted HP support about this issue, they have updated my BIOS and battery driver via remote and now battery backup is much better. I think its good to contact them and let them solve the problem. I was thinking to return my laptop but now I am a happy user.

After doing the update they told me to check the battery status. If its good then I'm good to go otherwise I need to calibrate.

You can check out the below link.

http://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03325217#AbT2

I think every user has the same problem with battery but mine was solved by updating the driver n bios.

Thanks.

HP Recommended

Hello,

I bought this computer i7 256GB just about a week ago. I was disappointed when I found my battery life to be around 4 hours at best. I'm going to be a freshman in college and I was really counting on having roughly 10 hours. I'm aware that i7 simply doesn't get the same battery life that i5 does, but 4 hours is ridiculously low. 

I've already turned my brightness down to the lowest setting, put the computer in power saver mode, and done everything else I can think of to preserve the battery life.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Best,

NK

HP Recommended

Hi I recently just purchased the HP spectre x360 i7 FHD 256SSD  model- 4003dx.

I am getting around 6 hours average battery life and I am very dissapointed. I wasnt expecting the full 12 hours but atleast 8 or 9! Is there any fix to this problem? I tested my battery using the BIOS and it "passed". Rumors say Windows 10 will eat up even more power so I really need this to last longer.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.