Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

@Active888

Welcome to HP Forums, 

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips, 

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂 

As I understand your HP Spectre x360 QHD Screen has a Yellow Tint,

No worries, as I'll be glad to help you, that said, I'll need a few more details to dissect your concern & provide an accurate solution: 

If you haven't, Please try an alternate monitor to understand if this is either a hardware or a software failure, 

if the issue does not appear on the alternate monitor, you may need to replace the display assembly on your computer, 

if the issue appears on the alternate monitor/TV as well, re-install the graphics card drivers & update it from the official HP Website: Click here 

  

If you don’t have an alternate monitor, I recommend checking if the issue appears on the BIOS screen (restart the computer and tap on F10 to access BIOS) 

This would confirm if it's either a hardware failure or an issue with the graphics card drivers so we may reinstall and update the drivers to fix the issue as mentioned above. 

  

If the issue persists on BIOS as well, please try with a TV to identify if it's the LCD or the motherboard/video card failure, 

  

If the issue occurred after an accident (such as dropping it on the floor, liquid spilled on it, etc.) there could be a hardware failure and in such cases, you may need to get the computer repaired via HP (there could be a charge involved if the PC isn't covered by the accidental damage protection plan) 

  

Reply with the result of the above-mentioned steps, for further assistance.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@Riddle_Decipher wrote:

@Active888

Welcome to HP Forums, 

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips, 

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂 

As I understand your HP Spectre x360 QHD Screen has a Yellow Tint,

No worries, as I'll be glad to help you, that said, I'll need a few more details to dissect your concern & provide an accurate solution: 

If you haven't, Please try an alternate monitor to understand if this is either a hardware or a software failure, 

if the issue does not appear on the alternate monitor, you may need to replace the display assembly on your computer, 

if the issue appears on the alternate monitor/TV as well, re-install the graphics card drivers & update it from the official HP Website: Click here 

  

If you don’t have an alternate monitor, I recommend checking if the issue appears on the BIOS screen (restart the computer and tap on F10 to access BIOS) 

This would confirm if it's either a hardware failure or an issue with the graphics card drivers so we may reinstall and update the drivers to fix the issue as mentioned above. 

  

If the issue persists on BIOS as well, please try with a TV to identify if it's the LCD or the motherboard/video card failure, 

  

If the issue occurred after an accident (such as dropping it on the floor, liquid spilled on it, etc.) there could be a hardware failure and in such cases, you may need to get the computer repaired via HP (there could be a charge involved if the PC isn't covered by the accidental damage protection plan) 

  

Reply with the result of the above-mentioned steps, for further assistance.

@Riddle_Decipher I have the same problem with a newly purchased Spectre x360, only in my case with a FHD screen. The yellowish tint does appear on the laptop (at BIOS and on Windows) but it does NOT appear on an alternate TV, so it's a hardware issue.

Such a pity! At top configuration (16GB/1TB) it's an otherwise excellent machine, but I picked it for editing photography after reading reviews praising the color accuracy, and this is a deal breaker, I'll have to return it.

HP Recommended

HAVE YOU DISABLED "NIGHT LIGHT" BEFORE COMPLAINING ABOUT THE YELLOWISH?

This is interesting that over the years of this discussion, it seems that only one user has posted informative pictures illustrating the *yellowish* problem (https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Spectre-x360-QHD-Screen-Yellow-Tint/m...). And, looking at his/her pictures, it was more a *greenish* problem. All others that "share the yellowish issue" -- which particular issue are you having?

I also have some yellowish UHD display on my recently purchased Spectre x360 13-AE013DX. However, I've found it reasonable and I even welcome it -- my practice has shown that the yellowish level that I am getting is much better for my eyes than the whitish I had been used to before on FHD screens.

Take a look at my pics here: (mega.nz/#F!TcQAhATD!cxobT2BO-wyRZawVSyn2Ng). I've uploaded the pics for you, side-by-side:

* left: my six-years old ASUS UX31A with FHD (which I guess may be taken as an averaged example of what you should expect to see on a FHD screen);

* right: my new Spectre x360 13-AE013DX with UHD.

What does your particular Spectre screen look more alike, "02.jpg" or "03.jpg"?

The "02.jpg" seems to be the "normal" UHD output for 13-AE013DX. If what you see on your display is more like "03.jpg", then will it resolve the issue if you turn off the Night Light mode in Windows 10? To do this, press the "Windows" key and type "Night light". On the provided screen, press on the button "Turn off now".

I know it's a bit confusing (as below the turn off button you see the schedule for turning on the Night Light -- which schedule might be out of your current hour and lead you to think that the Night Light must be turned off at the moment; however, still try depressing the "turn it off" button right away). I guess by doing so you should get your screen at something closer to "02.jpg" in seconds -- which, as I said, I think is better for your eyes than a whitish FHD screen.

Did this help or do your believe the problem is in your screen being alike "02.jpg" or anything else? Please always post pictures to describe your screen issues.

HP Recommended

Can't provide pictures as I've returned the machine long ago. In my case it was a FHD model.

The yellowish tint was there including on the BIOS screen and on a live Linux distro, out of reach of any Windows feature. It did look like "02.jpg", which is unusable for any photo or video editing work.

Incidentally, between reasonably accurate colors that can always be made yellowish via an app, and a perpetually yellowish screen that can be that can't be escaped no matter the task or the time of the day, I'd rather pick the former.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.