Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
P0H48EA - Pavilion x2 detachab
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)
OK so my Pavilion x2 detachable downloaded a windows update but when installing failed so tried to restore previous version but when it reboots the update attempts to install again so it is in a continuous loop. When I tried to use the system recovery program I get a windows error code 0xc000000f. I do not have a recovery file on a usb and so I'm stuck with this continuous loop and a massive head ache as I've only had the thing a few months. I don't care about losing files etc I just want to be able to use the **bleep** thing.
3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended
Hi,

Do a repair install of Windows 10 Home using bootable Windows installation USB that can be created by Microsoft windows media creation tool:
https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/16397-repair-install-windows-10-place-upgrade.html

Disable secure boot temporarily from BIOS setup by tapping ESC key or f10 key as soon as you power on laptop. Plug in USB. Tap f9 key as soon as you power on laptop, change boot order to USB. Save and Continue to load from USB.

Regards

Visruth
HP Recommended

@visruth wrote:
Hi,

Do a repair install of Windows 10 Home using bootable Windows installation USB that can be created by Microsoft windows media creation tool:
https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/16397-repair-install-windows-10-place-upgrade.html

Disable secure boot temporarily from BIOS setup by tapping ESC key or f10 key as soon as you power on laptop. Plug in USB. Tap f9 key as soon as you power on laptop, change boot order to USB. Save and Continue to load from USB.

Regards

Visruth

Hi and thank you for your response, i have followed your advise and created the usb, changed the boot order and disable the secure boot as stated but still having the same issue.  i am now in process of download an ISO file and attempt to use Rufus to see if that has a different outcome.  If i had created the wrong recovery file, i.e. Windows, instead of Windows home edition would that give me an error message.  I know it is only 32bit but not 100% on which edition it is?

Thanks,

Lee.

HP Recommended

Your laptop came with Windows 10 Home 64 bit.

Create UEFI bootable USB and boot from it

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.