Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Notebook - 15-r202tx
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Suddenly my wifi started showing "No Networks Found"  with a red cross mark on WiFi symbol on taskbar, i had tried several method of fixing it by spending hours on internet but it didn't worked.

I had updated the Wireless driver, flushed dns cache, unchecked the "Allow this computer to turn this device off", Reset router and a lot of things but i was unsuccessful al the time.

Please help me, i am having a lot of trouble!

HP Model : HP Notebook - 15-r202tx

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

Hi  @vivekcoool21 

Welcome to the HP Forum!

I am pleased that you have become a HP Forum member.  It is such a wonderful site to find answers and tips. Here is a link to guide you   to having the most rewarding experience and answer any concerns about posting.:

First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More 

I understand that you suddenly lost your WiFi and you have the message :"No Networks Found" with a red cross on it. 

Please try the following by @Great-Deku-Tree:

First, we have a step by step guide to walk you through the troubleshooting process here:
Troubleshooting Your Wireless Network and Internet Connection

A second option, is to try these steps:
Power cycle the network:
1. Shut down your notebook.
2. Unplug the power to your router.
3. Unplug the power to your modem.
4. Wait at least 45 seconds.
5. Plug in the modem, and wait for it to come back online.
6. Plug in the router, and wait for it to come back online.
7. Turn on your notebook, and test your connection.

Disable the Power Off option for the adapter:
1. Open Device Manager. (Win Key+R > type devmgmt.msc > OK)
2. Expand the Network adapters.
3. Right-click on the Ethernet/Wireless Adapter and click Properties.
4. Click the Power Management tab.
5. Remove the check mark beside Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.
6. Click OK.
7. Test.

Reset the TCP/IP settings on your PC:
1. Go to your start screen/menu and type CMD.
2. Right- click on the command prompt icon and chose Run as administrator.
3. In the window that opens type "netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt" without quotes, and press enter.
4. Restart your PC and test.

It may also help to reset the winsock catalogue:
1. Go to your start screen/menu and type CMD.
2. Right click on the command prompt icon and chose Run as administrator.
3. In the window that opens type "netsh winsock reset" without quotes, and press enter.
4. Restart your PC and test.

Reinstall the network adapter drivers:
1. Download the drivers from here but do not run them yet.
2. Go to your start screen/menu and type Device Manager.
3. Expand Network adapters.
4. Right click on the wireless adapter and choose Uninstall.
5. Run the downloaded drivers from step 1.
6. Restart your PC and test.

Test an ethernet connection:
Self- explanatory. Test if the issue persists on a wired connection to rule out the wireless adapter hardware so troubleshooting can be directed towards the right areas.

Test another connection:
Many people rule out their home network as an issue if another device is working on the same network. Networking is not that simple. Each device interacts differently with your router or modem and it is impossible to rule out settings in that device until the notebook has been tested on another network.

If those three steps do not resolve the issue, try this document published by Microsoft for networking issues: Wired and wireless network problems. You can change the operating system with the dropdown in the upper-right corner of the document.

Hopefully, this helps.

Please click the “Thumbs Up” below to thank me for my efforts! If one of my posts help you to resolve the issue you are experiencing, please click the "Accept as Solution" so that others who may be having the same difficulty can find the answer more efficiently. Thanks for taking part in the HP Forums! 

Sparkles1

HP Recommended

The problem didn't solved. Tried all the steps that you had provided still it is unable to show any network.

HP Recommended

Hi @vivekcoool21 

Thank you for your reply,

Is the wireless card listed in Device Manger? Does it state it is working correctly? Did you  run a hardware test on the wireless card, if so what were the results?

HP Notebook PCs - Testing for Hardware Failures (Windows 10, 😎

If you run the Windows troubleshooter what are the results?

Sparkles1

HP Recommended

Yes the wireless card is listed in Device Manger.

Hardware changes scan doesn't show something and troubleshoot was unale to identify the problem.

Please help me, i am using Internet with Ethernet.

HP Recommended

Hi, @vivekcoool21 

Thanks for the update.

When you tried to connect to a different network was there any change.  Would it be possible to try a wireless USB adapter to see it that works?  If warranty is not a concern, and you are comfortable with the process, you could try reseating the  wireless card.  Here is a link to the:

HP 15 Notebook PC HP 15 TouchSmart Notebook PC Compaq 15 Notebook PC Compaq 15 TouchSmart Notebook P...

For removal procedures please note chapter 4, page 61 of the guide.

Please continue to let me know the results.

Sparkles1

HP Recommended

Hey,

As i told you earlier, WiFi is not showing any of the available network then how can i connect to different network.

And i had gone through the reseating the wireless card process but is very complex process so can't do this.

Please provide an alternate solution.

HP Recommended

HI  @vivekcoool21 

Thank you for the reply.

Are you able to test with a wireless dongle.  If a wireless dongle works then it is the wireless card. 

Sparkles1

HP Recommended

It is only working with LAN / Ethernet Cable. Else with Wifi it is not showing any network available.

Can you please help in solving my issue?

HP Recommended

Hi @vivekcoool21 

As you have tried all the previous suggestions,  please contact HP Support for further assistance.

Please contact HP support at:

Contact HP Support.

Please let me know the results.

Sparkles1

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.