09-05-2015 09:43 AM
Wondering if anyone has found a solution to this problem. I have downloaded every driver, added/changed registry, made sure scrolling is checked, and researched to the point of nausium. Hair is gone!
Any help is appreciated.
Solved! Go to Solution.
09-06-2015 02:15 PM
HOW TO RESOLVE TOUCHPAD SETTING RESET ISSUES
- Download version 18 of the Synaptics TouchPad Driver and Software.
- Navigate HP's Software and Driver Downloads site (http://www8.hp.com/us/en/drivers.html) to find the latest approved driver for your model. Filter by version, selecting Microsoft Windows 8.1 on the dropdown menu. Look for the download in the "Driver-Keyboard, Mouse and Input Devices" category. If a Synaptics driver with a version number starting in 18 is listed, download it.
- If a Synaptics driver with a version number starting in 18 is NOT listed, download the driver directly from HP (http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp68001-68500/sp68198.exe).
- In the Control Panel, select Administrative Tools and open Services.
- Scroll down to Windows Update and double-click it to bring up its properties.
- Click Stop to stop the service from running.
- Change the Startup Type to Manual and click OK.
- In the Control Panel, select Device Manager.
- Click the "+" next to "Mice and Other Pointing Devices" to expand that category.
- Double-click on the Synaptics SMBus TouchPad to bring up its properties.
- Navigate to the Driver tab and click Uninstall.
- Check the box to delete the driver software for this device, then click OK to uninstall.
- In the Control Panel, select Programs and Features.
- Scroll down to HP Control Zone (published by Synaptics Incorporated) and uninstall it.
09-15-2015 06:05 AM
I AM SO EXCITED! (TYPING IN ALL CAPS)
THIS SOLUTION HAS FIXED MY PROBLEM. I HAVE WORKED ON THIS ISSUE SINCE THE WINDOWS 10 ROLL OUT 7/29/15.
THANK YOU , THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
01-03-2016 06:28 PM
I am sincerely grateful for your post! This FINALLY worked, after trying unsuccessfully for hours to install different driver versions, registry changes, etc that I saw on other forums. I installed version 18 from your link.
I have an HP Pavilion DV8t-1000 laptop and I can now scroll again after the Windows 10 "upgrade".
I hope others find your solution faster than I did. HP doesn't seem to care too much (i.e. not at all) about getting solutions under the impacted laptops' forums, and my hope for the last few months that Microsoft would fix the problem was obviously in vain.
01-13-2016 03:32 AM
01-16-2016 07:07 AM
So I just installed windows 10 on my HP Pavilion laptop and the touchpad doesn't work correctly. I tried the first link and got a 404 error message, but was able to download from the second link. When I went to uninstall my Synpatics from the list of programs I got a pop up:
There was a problem starting %ProgramFiles%\Synaptics\SynTP\SynISDLL.dll The specified module could not be found.
I am in desperate need to get this touchpad fixed as it's affecting the work that I am able to do and really driving me up a wall! Please help!!
05-01-2016 12:52 PM
This resolveds the problem for me so thank you very much, however it only seems to have worked on one of the accounts on my laptop.
I have two user accounts, both were created before I managed to solve this problem. I then followed the instructions listed and it solved the problem on the account I was using at the time, but once swapped to the other user account the problem is back. I have checked the setting for the pad on this account and they are set correctly and all is the same as the primary account. Same version of the driver and same setting for scrolling but it does not work.