Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Mini 210 1040 BR
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

My product is HP Mini 210 1040 BR - WH206LA#AC4

Warranty 1y1y0y

I tried recovery but something is wrong. Please send me instructions to recovery the system.

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Your product: https://h10057.www1.hp.com/ecomcat/hpcatalog/specs/provisioner/05/WH206LA.htm

WH206LA - HP Mini 210-1040BR PC

does not have an internal CD/DVD optical drive.  That is just a small problem.  It was shipped with Windows 7 Starter.

Storage:

Internal drive: 250 GB
Hard disk drive speed: 7200 rpm
Hard disk drive partition: up to 12 GB partition for system recovery.

> I tried recovery but something is wrong.

Can you give the exact error-message that you received, when you tried that "System Recovery" partition?

It's possible that the disk-drive is in an "imminent failure" condition, and writing a fresh copy of Windows onto it is "failing".

Is Windows still running on the computer?

Can you find a program to write a "System Recovery Set" onto a 16GB USB memory-stick?

That "set" can be used to install Windows onto a brand-new "empty" disk-drive.

If Windows is not running, then it gets more complicated.

Find a qualified person to "clone" your disk-drive (especially that 12 GB "system recovery" partition) to a new disk-drive.

Connect the new disk-drive into your computer, and run the "System Recovery" to reinstall Windows.

Run Windows Update.

Install anti-virus software into Windows 7.

Connect the "old" disk-drive as a "slave" disk-drive, and copy all your personal files from "old" to "new".

HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply

My steps to recovery:
Step 1
The Windows partition was deleted. I received the error like "no system in the disk".
The computer has a Recovery partition with some content.
The computer has a HPTools partition
--> I boot the HP Mini, type [ESC] verify memory and disk. All ok
--> I boot, type [ESC] and F11 to recovery... some time after I received the message"no system in the disk".  The recovery process didn't show any message.
Step 2
-->To investigate the problem I installed Win 10 Home. Installation occurred well.
-->I inspect the drive D- Recovery drive and see one directory and nothing more. Executed CMD with administrator privilege I verify the existence of many subdirectories in the d:\recovery exists, by example, the subdir system32, but when execute dir * /s in these directories nothing is showed.
-->Tried newly the recovery by boot and after F11 the computer show me the Win 10.  The recovery process didn't show any message.
The Recovery partition have 11 GB and 9 GB used but nothing is showed.
-->I runed the checkdisk by Win 10 in all partition, and no error.
Step 3
Now
I don't need one new hard drive.
-->I recurred to Forum because I don't know my next action to recovery the Windows 7 Starter in this machine.
-->Support HP in Brazil don't receive calls to computers out of warranty.
-->Technical Assistance to HP Brazil don't sell the midia recovery.

The solution, I hope:
*** I will buy a DVD with the midia recovery or download one
*** Run Windows 7 USB DVD Download Tool to generate USB with the boot system and midia recovery
*** Install the Windows 7 Starter for HP Mini

Well, I'm not a expert, then if you have some comment about it, I thank you.

HP Recommended

> I inspect the drive D- Recovery drive and see one directory and nothing more.

You need the 'all' option to view 'all' the files in the "root" directory:    DIR D:\    /A

Add the 'search' option to view files in all folders:    DIR D:\   /A /S

I hope this helps.

HP Recommended

My problem isn't look the recovery partition. I need to install Windows 7 starter in HP Mini. 

I tried many times the recovery and the process don't work.

Thanks

HP Recommended

>> I tried recovery but something is wrong.

> My problem isn't look the recovery partition.

You did ask how to show "all" files on that partition.

> I need to install Windows 7 starter in HP Mini. 

> I tried many times the recovery and the process don't work.

How far does it proceed before there is a problem?

What is the exact wording of the error-message that is produced?

>>>   --> I boot the HP Mini, type [ESC] verify memory and disk. All OK.

It could be a problem with your disk-drive (not successfully writing files onto it), despite "passing" that hardware test.

More details, please.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.