Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

@lepetitprince

Hi,

Uninstall Your current drivers for touchpad and install synaptics driver from above. This should solve Your problem.

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon below. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
HP Recommended

Hi there, same problem as everyone else on here that the scroll on my touchpad won't work, but I've tried all the drivers listed, none have solved the problem (and some actually disable my mouse altogether and I need to do a system restore to regain function).

HP Pavilion dv4250ca

P/N EH475UA#ABL

Any help would be appreciated!

HP Recommended

Revised reply…..

It started working but then it corrupted the system….HP…YOU GOTTA FIX THIS PROBLEM….YOU GOTTA FIX THIS!!!

HP Recommended

Hey Daniel

I have the same problem as the others, my schroll function is not working.

I have a hp pavilion dv2625eo, running windows 7 ultimate 64bit

p/n: KA100EA#UUV.

I must admit that I don't which driver I currently have and I tried working out how to do this based on your previous mails - but unsuccesfully.

I hope you can advice which driver I need to get the schroll-function working again.

Thanks in advance!

Best

Lasse

HP Recommended

Thanks much, was going nuts trying to figure out the right driver. This worked like a charm..perfect! Thanks again

HP Recommended

@DKLKS

Hi,
Check this thread:
Windows 7 Upgrade Guide for dv2000 models

You will find there drivers for Your touchpad too.

If You ahve installed any drivers for this device now then uninstall them first.

Resource:
Uninstalling Software in Windows 7
Uninstall or change a program in Windows 7

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
HP Recommended

hi

i have got HP DV2632TX 

i m facing same problem after installing win7, my touchpad scroll is not working, i have tried several drivers... i need to know that which one should i use?

thanks

HP Recommended

@addee2492

Hi,

You've got ALPS touchpad. 

If You have installed any drivers for this device now then uninstall them first.

Resource:
Uninstalling Software in Windows 7
Uninstall or change a program in Windows 7

All drivers You will find in below guide:
Windows 7 Upgrade Guide for dv2000 models

If there  will be still any problems then try to install Vista driver for Your model from here.

HP Recommended
DKLKS
Re: Touch pad scrolling not working in windows 7[ New ]

Hey Daniel

I have the same problem as the others, my touchpad scroll function is not working.

I have a hp 6520s fj121 , running windows 7 ultimate 32bit

I hope you can help me!!

Thanks!

HP Recommended

Hi Daniel

Same problems as everyone else, touch scroll not working.

I have a dv7,  WJ821PA#ABG

I haven't installed any drivers yet, thought it was best to ask.

Thanks

A

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.