Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP 15 Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Good evening.

I have a problem with my HP 15 Notebook PC touchpad. It stopped working, I already tried to restart the device and going to device manage into the control panel. Under the voice mice the touchpad does not appear anymore (I m not sure it was there before, I ve never checked, but I guess it was).

Any solution?

Thanks already

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi! @Alferigio, thanks for the response.

Thanks for trying out the steps.

Please update the BIOS and touchpad driver from the link below.

Update the BIOS using this link.

Update the touchpad drivers using this link.

Let me know if this works!

Cheers! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

up

HP Recommended

Hi! @Alferigio, Thanks for stopping by the HP Support Forums!

I understand that touchpad has stopped working on your PC.

As you mentioned that touchpad is not getting listed in device manager.

Have you tried checking with an external mouse? Does the external mouse work?

Please try the steps recommended below.

Click the Device Settings or the ClickPad Settings tab of Mouse Properties. If you have a Synaptics device, the tab includes the Synaptics icon. 
Select the desired touchpad under the Devices list, and then click either Enable to turn on the device.

On some touchpads, you can turn the TouchPad on or off by double tapping in the upper-left corner of the TouchPad. Double tap to turn the TouchPad on, repeat to turn the TouchPad off.

Refer this article to further troubleshoot touchpad issues.

If the issue still persists please provide the product number of your PC. 

I will try to find the best driver available for your PC.

I'll watch your reply!

Have a pleasant day ahead! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks, my device is a 15-g010nl

I've already tried that,  and there is not a ClickPad setting tab on mouse properties. I already tried to check the drivers, ther is the latest version of Synaptic installed...Also, my pc does not have the corner button to torn off/on the pad.

I should had said, it just stopped working when i Turned on my pc 2 days ago (It worked when I turned it off the time before), so i think it should just be broken for some reason.

HP Recommended

Hi! @Alferigio, thanks for the response.

Thanks for trying out the steps.

Please update the BIOS and touchpad driver from the link below.

Update the BIOS using this link.

Update the touchpad drivers using this link.

Let me know if this works!

Cheers! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Strangely, the BIOS update worked greatl and also my touchpad is now working. Thanks for your tips 🙂

HP Recommended

@Alferigio, thanks for the response.

I am glad to hear that your issue got resolved.

If you have any queries in future related to any HP products, you can always reach out to us.

We will try our best to help you out.

Take care,            

Have a great day ahead! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

where can we order a replacement touchpad for the HP-15-g035wm? My left button no longer clicks (right works fine). Need to order a replacement

HP Recommended

@greathodgy, Thanks for your response and time.

I understand you needed to where to order the replacement touchpad from.

Please find the part number for touchpad button board mentioned below.

Touchpad button board (includes bracket) 749651-001

You can order the part from HP parts store using this link.

Hope this helps!

Have a great day ahead! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.