Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

That soluction doesn't work because it hasn't:

Swipe from edge

4 fingers gestures

I want the functions I used to have in W8.1 and the newest.

I think the problem is that The touchpad is not on the list of precision pad. But it should be.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05336150 (Link Updated 05/01/2017)

in the figure 6 there are a lot of proprieties, now instead I have half

WINDOWS 8.1

HP Recommended

Great solution! I followed that method on my hp pavilion dv5-1030ev, choosing the Synaptics PS/2 Port Touchpad option instead. Specifically, the earliest driver version which was 16.2.10.12. My touchpad works fine again with scrolling and everything.

HP Recommended

I just installed a new driver from HP's website and that seemed to have fixed the issue. Now it retains the settings.  Don't wait for an upgrade from Windows or even HP tool to automatically install this grade.

HP Recommended

there is always the same version

19.0.12.95 Rev.A

this version have half of the gesture compared to the driver for win8.1

HP Recommended

HP has decided not to make any Windows 10 drivers for computers and laptops from 2012. So, HP is telling all you loyal customers out there like me that they don't care about us and our loyalty.

I've had HP products since 2001 but henceforth, they've lost me because I've been given two options 1) Factory reset my computer or 2) buy a new computer.

OK HP, I'll buy a new laptop...just not one of yours!

HP Recommended

I applied your suggesting to my HP Envy and it did not fix my problem. I'm still looking for a solution.

Thanks for sharing your solution.

HP Recommended

Hi, I was having the same problem on my x360 with a Synaptics clickpad. Rather than trying to get Windows to update the driver, I went to http://www.synaptics.com/en/drivers.php and downloaded the "Windows 10 PS/2 and SMBus Devices v19.0.19.1" driver. Once downloaded I extracted it, ran setup and now all gestures are working fine. Hope this helps in your case.

HP Recommended

Simply Do These Steps (Works for me.. HP pavilion)

1: search for device manager.

2: Look for mouse and other pointing devices, expand it.

3: Right click on "synaptics SMBus touch pad" (in my case when i expand in step 2 "synaptics SMBus touch pad" was there)

4: Go to properties -> Drivers -> roll back drivers -> ok

5: Restart

enjoy scrolling 🙂

HP Recommended

Hello. I also have an HP omen and had upgraded to Windows 10. I seem to be having issues with the touch pad left and right buttons. How exactly did you fix this problem? Your help will be greatly appreciated 🙂

HP Recommended

None of the above suggestions worked for my HP dv8t-1000 laptop, but I found a solution that worked for me in this thread:

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Synaptics-Touchpad-Will-not-Scro...

Hope this helps

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.