Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
augywrc posted a solution that worked for many of us. Please search this thread for his post.
HP Recommended

I cannot see the touchscreen referrred to anywhere in the device manager even after expanding them.  I am on an HP envy.  I also get the No pen or touch is avaialbe for this display when looking at the system. Any ideas please?

HP Recommended
The usb touchscreen controller driver is under mouse and other pointing devices in device manager
just update that driver and when prompted select let me choose
Then use the usb input driver that will be list instead of usb touchscreen controller driver and at should fix it
HP Recommended

The solution posted by augywrc worked well for me. My touchscreen is back. Thanks to you.

HP Recommended

Try downloading the patch here: [Content Removed]

This worked for me.

HP Recommended
Lol and I'm only a plasterer and don't even work in IT
HP Recommended

I ended up unistalling the touchscreen and after restarting it automatically re-installed, and now it works again.

HP Recommended

I can't find "usb touchscreen controller" under the mice and pointing device, in fact I couldn't find anything "touchscreen" when I searched my Pavilion.  Any suggestions?

HP Recommended
Happynir can you highlight things when you try and use the touchscreen or does it not do anything at all when you touch it
HP Recommended

Worked quickly and perfectly.  Disable the Touchscreen, then re-enable it.  Thanks!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.