Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Nothing happens when I touched the screen...  

HP Recommended

Touch screen only work in login screen not working in desktop any way else can use to fix the problem ?

hp touchsmart 520 pc 

HP Recommended
You could still select items on my touchscreen but just couldn't do anything else which is why my solution probably didn't work for you if the screen is totally unresponsive
I take it there isn't any unknown devices in device manager either?
If there isnt look through device manager and see if you can see anything listed that doesn't seem right ie a pointing ,usb or hid device that isn't something your model has
HP Recommended

Hello I own a HP Pavilion TS 15 Notebook PC after installing Windows 10 my touchscreen worked fine. I even played the Candy Crush Saga game in the Windows 10 menu using Touchscreen. One thing I did notice  was my Google Chrome was missing it had seemed to have been uninstalled during the W10 installation.  

When I tried to re-install Chrome I was getting all sorts of errors none of the W10 browsers would let me install it.  In the end I had to use a different PC put the Chrome app and install it that way.  That's  when all hell let loose.  After that my touchscreen still works, but it won't display the on-screen keyboard and most definately won't do anythinf if Google Chrome is open.

I wonder if this is a deliberate attempt by Microsoft to sabotage Google Chrome in W10 i've had many problems using Chrome and many times have had to use Microsoft Edge which uncannily the touchscreen works seemlessly.

Does anyone else have this problem?

HP Recommended

Right guys I've solved the problem.

I found a fix.  Go to chrome://flags and change the "Enable Touch Events" setting from "Automatic" to "Enable".  The current version of Chrome apparently does not detect the touch capabilities of Windows 10.

It worked for me so it should work for you guys

HP Recommended

None of these options have worked for me:

Driver up to date.

Disabled then reenabled.

Deleted, restarted, and reinstalled it via automatic installation.

Whatever the option under "mice and pointing devices" does not exist for me so I cannot change it.

HP Recommended
Follow my fix above.
HP Recommended

Same thing with my  HP Touchsmart 600. When I delete driver and install it again, it works fine till shutting computer down. After reboot, touchscreen is only working on login page again... I dont want to install driver every day...

HP Recommended

This worked for me on my HP TouchSmart   thank you

HP Recommended
I solved the problem I also solved the issues I was having with it not recognising any wifi, and having to trouble shoot every time before it would connect.

Simole solution. I uninstalled it. Instaled Ubuntu and now my laptop starts up in a quater of the time, it connects instantly, does not need virus software slowing it down, does not include crap people will never use like cortana (which never works anyway).

Great. Just sack windows off and go Linux Ibunto. And its free. Windows can suck my plumbs.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.