Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

DS06

please deactive in the Device Manager generic monitor

Reboot

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended
Thanks Again 🙂

Disabled Generic PnP Monitor, uninstalled everything above, reinst. acc. to your process and camera worked.
Stopped working as soon as I started Skype.

I will quit trying now and wait for updates of YouCam, HP drivers etc, i.o.w. I expect HP to fix this.

A solution where you need a "special" third part software for a built in default hardware to work is totaly 90s.
I will think twice when I buy my next laptop!

But Kind Regards for All Your Help!
/DS
HP Recommended

Having exact same issues on new laptop.  Called HP and they made me recover and rebuild my computer 4 times.  Finally they told me to send in for repairs.  That is useless, since this is a driver conflict not a hardware issue.  I have been troubleshooting for ages.  

Wish HP would fix this.  I cant send in my laptop for weeks on end to have them completely loose all my settings and programs again.  😕

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.