Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion dv6
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

1. When I turned on my computer windows downloaded updates, and then later I noticed my entire windows update history is blank and on the windows update page in the control panel it says last time updates were installed: never.
I shut down my computer to finishing installing the updates and the update history only shows this month. What could have happened to cause this? I never ran any sort of fix it tool which I know could cause this.
Last month in the middle of configuring updates my computer shut off because the battery died but it still said the updates were successfully installed and my entire update history was still there. Do you think my computer shutting off then has anything to do with my update history missing?

I am on Windows 7.
Also when I did the update for windows malicious removal tool it had me agree to terms and conditions and it never had done so in the past. Was it safe to perform that update?

2. When I went to restart my computer I received an error message that said access violation in module 048BFBF at ashelper.exe at address 00000008. What does this mean? I did not donload or install anything .
1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi,

The question about AsHelper. You probably have some program from Aimersoft installed on your computer which is creating some conflict with the system on occasion. So you can uninstall the software and use different similar software or try updating the software.

Windows software malicious removal tool is an update sent to all Windows user and is OK to have installed , it is normal that it asked for licence agreement.

Why your update history has been removed I do not really know. Maybe you used some kind of cleaning program which cleaned WinSxS folder and deleted the update history. Well the update history is not important to the system and some users clean all these log files and Update files on regular basis, so nothing to worry about.

Hope it helps,

David

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.