Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 500-311no
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I am currently unable to boot to the recovery partition to restore my computer to factory installation, but the Recovery partition that was around 13 gb is still there and has files on it and i did not touch them, but still i cant use F11 to boot to recovery.

Any help ?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

> i cant use F11 to boot to recovery.

Please explain.

Turn the computer off.

Turn the computer on, and repeatedly touch the ESC key, to see if a menu appears, giving you the option to use F11.

Or, turn the computer off.

Turn the computer on, and repeatedly touch the F2 key, to try to force that menu to appear.

Or, does pressing F11 _begin_ the recovery process, but it displays an error-message, and does not complete?

HP Recommended

When i press esc and press F11 it just reboots and nothing happens it will continue like i didnt even use the Recovery option.

Sorry if i didnt explain good enough 🙂

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.