Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hello frds,

My Laptop: HP G62 Notebook PC (Bought in Oman on 2010/10/10)

Product number: WZ663EA#ABV

Network Adapter: Broadcom 4313 802.11 & Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller & Microsoft Virtual wifi Miniport Adapter & Bluetooth Device (two)

Those above details are my laptop's. My problem is unable to make my wired internet connect as a wifi hotspot to use in my SAMSUNG SIII mini. I show some videos to make that, and i did same as that, but i couldn't get the range in my mobile. 

the steps what i did: opened my network place from control panel, and selected both "Local area connection" and "Wireless Network connection" and right click in mouse then select "Bridge Connection. it's came. Then I make a new wireless connection as "hoc network". then i given network name as "abs" and select "Security type" as "no authentication" then cliked ok. Now the netwok place showing my "abs" wireless connection. and giving instruction as "waiting for users". then i turn on my wifi in my mobile, but this "abs" wireless not showing. even i try to entered manually the address, then also it show that "abs"  is "not in range".

My mobile wifi is working normally. i try some other networks, it showing and i can connect. same way my laptop wifi also working normally. i try to share my mobile net as wifi hotspot, its showing my laptop and connecting properly. my only problem is i'm unable to share my laptop network only.

Note: I've read ur some article which is related the same topic, there u mentioned that uninstall broadcom 802.11 it will automatically install after re-booting. i did the same rightnow. that also installed automatically. after that i try but same failure.

I opened my HP recovery manger and reinstalled wireless network related all. but still nothing use. 

BabKrish - HP G62.jpg
Here I attached my Network Connection Place.

BabKrish - HP G62 - 2.jpgThis after I created Bridge Connection.

BabKrish - HP G62 - 3.jpgThis after I created new hoc network as i told above "abs". but this is not showing in my mobile.

Another step also I did as i show on videos. 1st make my network sharing from properties option and giving manual IP address in wireless network at "Internet Protocal Version (4 TCP/IPv 4). Then the same steps for "abs" but same failure result.

I know this big article to read but I thought to explain briefly and i hope i did. So please friends help me through this. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I'm sorry you're running into this issue setting up your hotspot. You mentioned having looked at videos on how to set up the hotspot on your phone (Here's one for anyone else arriving at this thread). So now your Tethering/Portable Hotspot screen on your phone should look like this

S3Hotspot.jpg

If it doesn't Settings > More Settings > Tethering & Portable Hotspot > Swipe to turn it on

Once you've got the hotspot setup on your phone, you should not have to take any special steps in the Network and Sharing Center. You do not need to set any adhocs or anything like that up. You should be able to see your hotspot listed in the Networks Available list just as you see your home wireless network listed. Then you click to select it and click the Connect button (See picture below).

Win7NetworksAvailable.png

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

I'm sorry you're running into this issue setting up your hotspot. You mentioned having looked at videos on how to set up the hotspot on your phone (Here's one for anyone else arriving at this thread). So now your Tethering/Portable Hotspot screen on your phone should look like this

S3Hotspot.jpg

If it doesn't Settings > More Settings > Tethering & Portable Hotspot > Swipe to turn it on

Once you've got the hotspot setup on your phone, you should not have to take any special steps in the Network and Sharing Center. You do not need to set any adhocs or anything like that up. You should be able to see your hotspot listed in the Networks Available list just as you see your home wireless network listed. Then you click to select it and click the Connect button (See picture below).

Win7NetworksAvailable.png

HP Recommended

Thank you for response. Sorry Sir, u misunderstood my question. I am using hotspot in my SAMSUNG mobile since i bought it. but my question was how to share my HP Laptop Internet connection? I've brad band(100mbps) connection in my laptop. I like to share that brad band net as wifi to use my mobile and friends. So please read my b4 question once again and guide me to share my laptop net.

HP Recommended

I see. So that program was only useful for phones that have been rooted. In fact, everything I'm finding now requires a rooted phone or a paid app to do this. So this is not a standard capability without rooting the phone. I am no cell phone expert though and I would never claim to be one. I'm sure an Android forum may have better information since it is more likely they've had a lot more experience tethering phones whether it be standard or reverse.  

http://blog.mycila.com/2010/06/reverse-usb-tethering-with-android-22.html

http://www.codeproject.com/kb/android/usbportforwarding.aspx

Another option I was thinking of is a small router. Could you hook up a small router to your LAN cable and just connect your phone wirelessly to that router. If you wanted, you could connect your computer to that as well. Just make sure to get one with an Ethernet Out port. They are commonly called "Pocket Routers" or "Mini Routers". You can find some pretty inexpensive ones out there too. See the following link.

Mini/Pocket/Travel Routers

HP Recommended

Thank you very much for your kind response. Sorry to say, that yesterday i found my self one small software for wifi router. http://www.virtualwifirouter.com . After installed this software my wifi is working and mobile also connected. Now i'm using my laptop wifi to my mobile around room and out side within the range. but one small note: after installed this software, we must manually share our "Local Area Connection". Then only it'll work. Sorry i wasted your time to spend to collect information for me.

Thank you. And you can also recommend this softwate to who has facing the same issue.

HP Recommended

Oh! That's great to hear! I'm glad you found an acceptable work-around. 🙂

I'm sorry I couldn't be of more assistance.

HP Recommended
This worked for me, thank you so much. I was unable to connect my HP Slate via my home broadband, enabled portable wifi on my Samsung smartphone and it worked straightaway, wonderful!
HP Recommended

@forthyj

Thanks for the feedback and for taking the time to register and post! If you run into any questions, please let me know! 🙂

HP Recommended

Hi, I'm Aayush. I'm facing a similar problem with my galaxy s4 mini. i have tried multiple hotspot creating softwares, including the one mentioned on this thread, i have created a virtual miniport and tried connecting through it, and i do get connected to the wifi connection, but i'm not able to access the web with it, i'm not able to download anything from the playstore, nor am i able to watch videos on youtube. Each time i try to do any of these functions, i get an error message 500, connection was lost to the server.

Can you please suggest what could be the cause of this problem??

HP Recommended

Hi

you are making your laptop a hotspot manually. I suggest you to use third party software. This is  handy way to make laptop wireless router(hotspot). This given link can help you....

http://www.hdinfoworld.com/make-laptop-wifi-hotspot-windows7/

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.