Note on archived topics.
07-26-2016 06:11 AM
I'm trying to remove HP CoolSense from my computer but then I get the following error messege:
"This app has been blocked for your protection".
Of course I'm the admin so I don't know why it happens.
Can anyone help me so I could remove this program from my computer?
07-27-2016 02:21 PM
I hope you enjoy your visit to the HP Support Forums. I understand you are having an issue with uninstalling HP cool sense. I will be glad to help you.
Manually Uninstall HP Cool Sense with Windows Add/ Remove Programs
Windows Add/ Remove Programs offers users a way to uninstall the program and every Operating System has Add/ Remove Programs feature.
* Click Start menu and run Control Panel.
* Locate HP Cool Sense and click Change/ Remove to uninstall the program.
* Follow the uninstall wizard and uninstall the program.
Manually Uninstall HP Cool Sense with Build-in Uninstaller
Most computer programs are installed with its built-in uninstaller that can also help uninstall the program.
* Click Start menu and move your mouse to All Programs.
* Find HP Cool Sense folder and click on its Uninstaller.
* Follow its uninstaller and uninstall the program.
To run its uninstaller, you can also
* Go to the folder where the program is installed.
* Locate its uninstaller usually named as unins000.exe or uninstall.exe
* Double click on its uninstaller and follow it to uninstall the program.
Please know that both of Windows Add/ Remove Programs and its build-in uninstaller can only uninstall the main executable files of the program, but not all program files and components. Some invalid files may be left in system registry and folders. To completely remove HP Cool Sense, you need to get rid of those remnants, otherwise, it will slow down your PC and block you installing other incompatible programs.
To thoroughly delete its files, please follow the steps:
* Run Registry Editor
* Find and delete all registry entries of the program in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software, HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE and HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\eg ui
* Find and delete all files of the program in system folders C:\Program Files\, C:\Document and Settings\All Users\Application Data\ and C:\Documents and Settings\%USER%\Application Data\.
Video Guide: How to edit registry
Note: We only recommend advanced computer users to manually edit the registry and remove HP Cool Sense, because deleting any single registry entry by mistake will lead to severe problem or even system crash.
Please keep me informed of how things went.
If you require further assistance, let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help you.
Please let me know if this resolves the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution".
To simply say thanks, click the Thumbs up below! 🙂