Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
On device manager in computer management it show Unknown device on Microsoft ACPI-Compliant System for F731au after installing win7. hope someone can help me solve this problem
42 REPLIES 42
HP Recommended

try this may hlp you reslove this problem

--> http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/forums/replypage/board-id/OS/message-id/26501

~"If my solution has helped you in any way, please click on the white start to give Kudos."~

~"Please click on the Accept as solution button if your problem has been resolved."~
HP Recommended
thanks a lot. but i have found the solution. it can be BIOS system. But it also can be caused by the cipset, touchpad, or quicklunch button.
HP Recommended

Hi,

Go to Control Panel -> Devices Manager

Click with right button of Your mouse on each yellow sign and choose properties. Then go to bottom details and paste here Hardware Ids. This way we will know what it is.

Below You've got example how to do it:

Device ID

Device ID

Device ID

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon below. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
HP Recommended

hi

HP Recommended

hai guys, i have installed win xp on compaq 610. i have installed all necessary drivers from compaq website.

but still there is UNKNOWN DEVICE on the device manager. when i viewed the device manager in DEVICE BY CONNECTION, the UNKNOWN DEVICE is listed in the MICROSOFT ACPI-COMPLIANT SYSTEM. Please help me guys...

thanks in advance.

HP Recommended

@helloredraja

Hi,
Go to:

Control Panel -> Devices Manager

Click with right button of Your mouse on Unkown Device and choose properties. Then go to ' Details ' tab and paste here Hardware Ids . This way we will know what it is.

Below You've got example how to do it:

464i329EA20FEFCDC76A
466i652BE51C12165A92
467iC2AEC23384DE4519

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
HP Recommended

ok this is what it show

VALUE

ACPI/HPQ0004

HPQ0004

i dont get it,probably its a firmware problem

let us know please

HP Recommended

Hi,

@chathuO2 wrote:

ACPI/HPQ0004

HPQ0004

It's HP 3D DriveGuard,but before I will give You link to correct driver I need to know your laptop part number (p/n) . You'll find it at the bottom of the laptop on a sticker, which looks like this.

HP Recommended

Unknown device on microsoft ACPI-Compliant System

driver details-no driver files are required or have been loaded for this sevice

device instance id-ACPI\HPQ0006\2&DABA3FF&0

Anybody knows how to solve this problem?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.