Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
ProBook 4530s
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

BIOS not upgraded.

Tried both Operating System and 8GB USB install.  No messages at all on whether the update failed or succeeded.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@PC333 wrote:

BIOS not upgraded.

Tried both Operating System and 8GB USB install.  No messages at all on whether the update failed or succeeded.

One step I would try (that I haven't seen done) is to perform a hard reset then reset the BIOS settings to their defaults, then try the BIOS upgrade again.

For the hard reset, just unplug the AC adapter and remove the battery from the bottom of the unit and let it sit w/o power for a minute...then plug AC/battery back in and power it on.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Did you eneter the bios to see if it updated? Bios version is listed in there.

or run this command from an elevated command prompt

>wmic bios get smbiosbiosversion

HP Recommended

The command WMIC shows that the BIOS didn't get upgraded.

HP Recommended

Hello PC333

It looks like you are three version behind. 

I would recommend to update the F.41 and then F.50 and then F.60 from Windows itself.

It might work.

****Click the Kudos Button on left to say Thanks****
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Thank You,
K B T 86
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP

I am an HP employee
HP Recommended

You can create a usb bootable flash drive to flash the bios, boot from the drive and flash from there.

"Create a bootable USB Key to update the system BIOS"

http://h20566.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=5060881&swItemId=ob_146941_1&swEnvOid=415...

HP Recommended

Hello K B T 86,

Tried F.41 as you suggested, but same result i.e. BIOS not upgraded.

HP Recommended

Tried aleady the UDB key with  'Update System BIOS', under BIOS setup (F10) in the HP startup menu, enabled.

The notebook just booted straight into Windows.

HP Recommended

Hello PC333

Looks like the USB is not bootable. Try using rufus to create the bootable USB,

https://rufus.akeo.ie/

And then try to flash the BIOS. 

****Click the Kudos Button on left to say Thanks****
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Thank You,
K B T 86
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP

I am an HP employee
HP Recommended

Installed Refus and copied back the BIOS files.  Same result (boot straight into Windows).

The flash content is as follows:

autorun.ico

autorun.inf

LOCALE

HEWLETT-PACKARD

BIOS

Current

68SRR.BIN

68SRR.SIG

New

68SRR.BIN

68SRR.SIG

BiosUpdate

HPBiosUpdate32.sig

HPBiosUpdate.sig

HPBiosUpdate32.s12

HPBiosUpdate32.s09

HPBiosUpdate.s12

HPBiosUpdate.s09

HPBiosUpdate32.efi

HPBiosUpdate.efi

CryptRSA.efi

CryptRSA32.efi

HP Recommended

@PC333 wrote:

BIOS not upgraded.

One step I would try (that I haven't seen done) is to perform a hard reset then reset the BIOS settings to their defaults, then try the BIOS upgrade again.

For the hard reset, just unplug the AC adapter and remove the battery from the bottom of the unit and let it sit w/o power for a minute...then plug AC/battery back in and power it on.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.