Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

This solution worked beautifully for me. HP Envy m6-1205dx. I used the PID=0017 driver even though my sensor showed as PID=0018 in Device Manager. Anyone know what the significance of the PID? Nonetheless, I can now log into Windows 10 using my fingerprint scanner. As a side note, anyone having trouble getting Windows Hello to show up in Sign-in options...I set-up a PIN number first, then Hello showed up.

HP Recommended

@Iraonmanclan wrote:

... As a side note, anyone having trouble getting Windows Hello to show up in Sign-in options...I set-up a PIN number first, then Hello showed up.

I set up a PIN number, but can't get Windows Hello to show up. Been working on this ever since upgrading to Win 10  five days ago.

HP Recommended

I have the PID=18 and native windows 10 driver 4.5.305 allowed me to register fingerprints with Hello but wouldn't recognize those fingerprints at logon (as if they weren't registered.

I then ran the DDK 5011 driver you listed and manually chose PID=17 from the driver set it installed. Now I can register fingerprints using Hello, and sign in with my fingerprints. SimplePass 8.01.46A still doesn't install correctly: "AppHelp dialog canceled thus preventing the application from starting"

HP Recommended
I'm glad to be of help 🙂 (that's the reason why the web 2.0 was born)
HP Recommended

My Win 10 installation got corrupted yesteray after getting the latest Windows updates.  I had to dump it and revert to my Win 7 setup by swapping the boot drive.  Just when I was starting to think Win 10  worked well for me.  Guess I'll wait a few months for Microsoft to get the bugs worked out and then try Win 10 again.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Worked fine for me too on an elitebook 8460p, by manually choosing 'Synaptics FP Sensors (WBF) (PID=0011)'.

Thanks a lot.

HP Recommended

You use the Easy Driver Pack software version 6.5 to get device for Windows 10 or  all the equipment for the Windows operating system, download at: http://micombank.com/phanmemDetail.aspx?idsw=81

HP Recommended

Thank you, Lucadebe. It worked like a breeze on my EliteBook 8460p, which has a VFS471... after wasting much time with numerous drivers from the HP site. The trick is clearly not to be intimidated by messages from the system to the effect that the best driver is already installed, or the one I am trying to use is incompatible. Lenovo might be a roundabout route for getting Synaptics software; but it works.

HP Recommended

Quite possibly I don't know what I'm doing because after downloading the drivers and pointing Windows to them it keeps saying that there are no valid drivers at this location. My fingerprint scanner is a VTS471. Possibly too old or am I just doing this all wrong. Go to Device Manager/Properties/Update Driver/Specify location of driver. Whichever way I try the driver is either not recognised or says the current windows one is up to date. Getting annoyed now 😞

Regards

Rachel

HP Recommended

@RachelCM wrote:

Quite possibly I don't know what I'm doing because after downloading the drivers and pointing Windows to them it keeps saying that there are no valid drivers at this location. My fingerprint scanner is a VTS471. Possibly too old or am I just doing this all wrong. Go to Device Manager/Properties/Update Driver/Specify location of driver. Whichever way I try the driver is either not recognised or says the current windows one is up to date. Getting annoyed now 😞

Regards

Rachel

Hi Rachel, 

I did the following and it did work :

1. Run the Lenovo WBFDDKSetup_CMN_5011_Advanced.exe file, that should copy drivers in some common driver location
  2. Go to Device Manager/Properties/Update Driver but choose the bottom option that says something like "Choose among a list of drivers..."
  3. Select the Biometric category and then the Synaptics drivers from Lenovo should be listed

Regards,

Olivier

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.