Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

@js2393 wrote:

Workaround!!!!

http://forum.notebookreview.com/hp-envy-hdx/675228-fix-workaround-beats-audio-volume-problem-levelin...

Someone at NBR found a way to disable all IDT enhacements which disables the "volume swings". Sadly, this also disables the Beats/IDT equalizer and other effects. However, you can still adust the equalizer from your media player (iTunes, etc)

I also confirm that this workaround works. Thank you! No thanks to HP.

HP Recommended

I haven't touched the drivers.

I do have an "Enhancements" tab on my IDT Driver properties, and also the "disable all enhancements" checkbox, I went looking for it after reading your post and found it.

This on an Envy 15.

HP Recommended

@js2393 wrote:

Workaround!!!!

http://forum.notebookreview.com/hp-envy-hdx/675228-fix-workaround-beats-audio-volume-problem-levelin...

Someone at NBR found a way to disable all IDT enhacements which disables the "volume swings". Sadly, this also disables the Beats/IDT equalizer and other effects. However, you can still adust the equalizer from your media player (iTunes, etc)

Well spotted js2393, I can confirm that this workaround works on my dv6 7080ee with the disabled equalizer caveat.

HP are you seeing this ?

HP Recommended

i have been on the phone for three hours guys    lets see what the result it    also you must complain

HP Recommended

@Bren10 wrote:

i have been on the phone for three hours guys    lets see what the result it    also you must complain

Squeaky wheel gets the grease.  I mean, we've identified the technical issue (Loudness Equalization is always enabled, no way to disable it through the software).  Let's see if we can manage to convince someone at HP Tier 2 or higher that this is something that needs fixed.  I mean, look at this thread, people are returning HP products to the store because they botched this one little thing.  That's gotta count for something.

HP Recommended

So i spent about 5 hrs on the phone with the tech.  I updated the bios, all drivers,  uninstall reinstall. Then he made me do an hp recovery which reset my machine back to factory.   Mind you this is the second brand new machine with the same problem since i opened the box so i was already sure that it is a factory deisghn flaw. So know i lost all my programs and the outcome was that i have an option to send this for a "repair" which makes no sense because ITS BRAND NEW!!!!   I cant tell you people how much time ive lost over these machines reinstalling my programs and waiting for a new system. I use it mostly for business but bought it because i like to crank the tunes and listen to the phones while i draw.  Oh the other option is to get another machine LOL.

HP!!!!  YOU HAVE A DESIGHN FLAW THAT NEEDS TO BE ADDRESSED OUR YOU WILL LOSE  A LARGE AMOUNT OF CUSTOMERS!!!    PLEASE ADDRESS THE ISSUE.!!  I will not accept this folks! I am fighting for you guys that are past the return date but i am not.  My fathers new dell sounds better then this BEATS AUDIO which is sad! 

HP Recommended

@Bren10 wrote:

So i spent about 5 hrs on the phone with the tech.  I updated the bios, all drivers,  uninstall reinstall. Then he made me do an hp recovery which reset my machine back to factory.   Mind you this is the second brand new machine with the same problem since i opened the box so i was already sure that it is a factory deisghn flaw. So know i lost all my programs and the outcome was that i have an option to send this for a "repair" which makes no sense because ITS BRAND NEW!!!!   I cant tell you people how much time ive lost over these machines reinstalling my programs and waiting for a new system. I use it mostly for business but bought it because i like to crank the tunes and listen to the phones while i draw.  Oh the other option is to get another machine LOL.

HP!!!!  YOU HAVE A DESIGHN FLAW THAT NEEDS TO BE ADDRESSED OUR YOU WILL LOSE  A LARGE AMOUNT OF CUSTOMERS!!!    PLEASE ADDRESS THE ISSUE.!!  I will not accept this folks! I am fighting for you guys that are past the return date but i am not.  My fathers new dell sounds better then this BEATS AUDIO which is sad! 

I went through what you went through except the returns. I had spent more than 8 hours trying to fix this issue. The only thing that completely fix this was to go into the registry. You will find the solution posted in previous posts. Good luck. HP sucks.

HP Recommended

Yeah i did that but it disables beats audio.  Not acceptable unfortunately most people give up and thats how they get away with selling defective machines.    Also anyone posting on here please post your configuration. Theres a small possibility its hardware.... someone posted something about the hard drive.

• Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
  • 3rd generation Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3610QM Processor (2.3 GHz, 6MB L3 Cache)
  • NVIDIA(R) GeForce(R) GT 630M Graphics with 1GB GDDR3 memory [HDMI, VGA]
  • FREE UPGRADE to 8GB DDR3 System Memory (2 Dimm)
  • 750GB 7200 rpm Hybrid Hard Drive with HP ProtectSmart Hard Drive Protection
  • NO mSSD Hard Drive Acceleration Cache
  • Microsoft(R) Office Starter: reduced-functionality Word/Excel(R) only, No PowerPoint(R)/Outlook(R)
  • No additional security software
  • 30% off 9 cell Lithium Ion Battery
  • 17.3-inch diagonal HD BrightView LED-backlit Display (1600 x 900)
  • FREE Upgrade to Blu-ray player & SuperMulti DVD burner
  • HP TrueVision HD Webcam
  • Intel 802.11b/g/n WLAN and Bluetooth(R)
  • Backlit Keyboard with numeric keypad
  • Included 2 Year Warranty
  • HP Home & Home Office Store in-box envelope
HP Recommended

FYI, Beats Audio only does one thing and one thing only, when you go to the Tone Enhancement Tab in the driver settings for the speakers and headphones, the Beats Audio option simply sets the Bass to 4.  That is all it does so no need to feel bad about disabling it.  You can simply disable it and then set the Bass to 4 and it would be the same as having the Beats Audio on. 

The option to disable all audio enhancements is there but for some reason it does not fix the auto volume normalization which basically makes that option useless.  The driver will need to be updated.

HP Recommended

@nranks wrote:

FYI, Beats Audio only does one thing and one thing only, when you go to the Tone Enhancement Tab in the driver settings for the speakers and headphones, the Beats Audio option simply sets the Bass to 4.  That is all it does so no need to feel bad about disabling it.  You can simply disable it and then set the Bass to 4 and it would be the same as having the Beats Audio on. 

The option to disable all audio enhancements is there but for some reason it does not fix the auto volume normalization which basically makes that option useless.  The driver will need to be updated.

It must also be messing with some other IDT audio enhacements (which the Beats Control Panel does not give us access to). If you "disable" Beats and set Bass back to 4, the audio sounds the same because the Beats Audio Control panel still has some IDT audio enhancements on (including perhaps this volume normalizer?). It's true that the "Beats Enabled/Disabled" button in the Beats Control Panel only controls the Bass/Treble levels, but our problem is that the Beats Control Panel as a whole also modifies IDT audio enhacements behind the scenes and doesn't let us access them.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.