Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hello,

GOOD NEWS! (At least for me)

I had the same problem since I bought my notebook (not HP).

I had hundreds of these messages every second.

Then I updated my drivers (LAN, WiFI, etc.) and the number of messages decreased to about a hundred / day!

I even disabled the wifi adapter, but it didn't help.

After having those for months, 2 days ago I downloaded the latest realtek driver again:

http://www.realtek.com/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=13&PFid=5&Level=5&Conn=4&DownTypeI...

I installed it not via the setup.exe but going into the "\Install_Win10_10012_11212016\WIN10\64" directory and right clicking on "rt640x64.inf" and selecting "Install". (I'm not sure it matters but this is the way I did it.)

The event ID 17 messages completely stopped. 🙂

In a few days if I won't have any messages I'll try to enable the wifi adapter, too.

HP Recommended

The problem relies in the WLAN networkcard which shares the PCI express lane. When you enable the WiFi adapter the Event ID 17 will show up again, so this is no fix for the issue

HP Recommended

You're right. It came back when I enabled the WiFi adapter but then I updated that driver, too and there are no errors!

I have Realtek RTL8723BE Wireless LAN 802.11n PCI-E NIC (PCI Express Root Port #5 - 9D14)

Driver Date: 2016-10-14, Version: 2023.43.914.2016

and Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller (PCI Express Root Port #6 - 9D15)

Driver Date: 2016-10-07, Version: 10.12.1007.2016

I had the errors from both of these:

A corrected hardware error has occurred.

Component: PCI Express Root Port
Error Source: Advanced Error Reporting (PCI Express)

Bus: Device:Function: 0x0:0x1C:0x5
Vendor ID: Device ID: 0x8086:0x9D15

and

Bus: Device:Function: 0x0:0x1C:0x4

Vendor ID: Device ID: 0x8086:0x9D14

After months, I could fix it with the latest drivers (I have been trying a lot of versions before).

HP Recommended

В моем случае была проблема в Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller (сетевуха). Она подключена к Mobile 6th Generation Intel(R) Processor Family I/O PCI Express Root Port #5 - 9D14

Если в сетевуху не воткнут кабель - возникает ошибка именно:
ИД поставщика:ИД устройства: 0x8086:0x9D14

Есть соседнее: Mobile 6th Generation Intel(R) Processor Family I/O PCI Express Root Port #5 - 9D15 - к ней подключен WiFi контроллер.

Так вот если работаю по WiFi - то ошибки от проводной сетевой, если по проводу - то от WiFi (ИД поставщика:ИД устройства: 0x8086:0x9D15).

Так вот решил проблему тем, что просто отключаю ненужное устройство в диспетчере устройств (или на странице сетевых подключений) на время пока не пользуюсь.
Сейчас сижу по WiFi - отключил сетевуху - спам предупреждений перестал появляться.

In my case problem found in Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller (wire network). She connected on Mobile 6th Generation Intel(R) Processor Family I/O PCI Express Root Port #5 - 9D14

If cable not connected to network card - begins SPAM of this messages:
ID vendor:ID device: 0x8086:0x9D14

also present: Mobile 6th Generation Intel(R) Processor Family I/O PCI Express Root Port #5 - 9D15 - on this device connected WiFi controller.

Im working on WiFi - have warning messages from wire network card (9D14). If i'm connected with wire card - wrnings from WiFi (ID vendor:ID device: 0x8086:0x9D15).

I'm solved this problem - just disable not connected (not used) device from device manager.

HP Recommended

i had this problem on Asus too ... i fix it !

my system is an windows 10 x64 build 14393 (aniversary update)

this is in my case the problem was generated the error: realtek drivers appear to be not fully compatible on this system or their certificates are not fully recognized ?!? appear to be drivers signed with copyright in 2013 nd 2015 ..lol

in my case i disable ethernet realtek(i never use it and i use only wireless) see detailes i post here

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/1b6a353d-ba43-4ee0-a607-86270254f59f/asus-k501ux-a...

HP Recommended

The HP Spectre x360 doesn't have ethernet LAN port...

HP Recommended

**bleep** i have the same problem with one gpu 

HP Recommended

your post is done almost a year ago and nothing has been done to fix this problem, seems to be HP does a very bad business the had to find a fix and start to replace efected models . I stll have a few months under warranty so its time to give it back to HP

HP Recommended

I also find it strange HP is neglecting this error or problem. I have read these problems on several websites and not only HP products are affected. In case of the HP (Spectre x360) product which has been produced with Microsoft.

With the HP and Microsoft partnership I find it even more strange that this error hasn't been found during develop and test procedures. I also do not think this is an driver issue. Very annoying that a big firm as HP doesn't admit faults or make replacement possible. 

HP Recommended

Hey i am getting the same error i think my network card might be loose or something if you still have a warrenty on your product id suggest sending it to where you boiught it. if not and you know what you are doing then id suggest opening it up and look for any hardware, wires that might have loosend.

Btw
i am not sure if this is the problem so id still suggest you bring it to where you bought it.

or to some one who knows what thei are doing or bring it to a shop

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.