Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have a p7-1058uk that I bought a week ago.

Just wondering if I decided to fit a graphics card, or more RAM, myself, will it affect my warranty?

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi:

Normally it will not affect the warranty unless you damage components when trying to install things yourself.

For example, if you snap a memory slot trying to push in a memory module, HP won't cover the damage.

They won't cover a blown power supply if you install a graphics card that exceeds the limits of the P/S.

Also they will not support any parts you add unless they are HP parts supported or listed for your PC.

Other than that, you are free to upgrade away.

Paul

HP Recommended

Do you know how  I could find out if my PSU will handle extra graphics card and RAM?

Also is RAM purchased and recommended by Crucial supported by HP?

Thanks for your help.

HP Recommended

Hi,

The memory is not supported by HP, but it is warranteed by Crucial for life.

I just returned a stick last week to Crucial for replacement.

Just check your product specs page where you see the specs on your P/S.  You only need to be concerned with the power requirements of the graphics adapter you install, you can max out the memory without concern to power.

Your P/S is rated at 300W, which means any graphics adapter you install should not exceed this limit. Most graphics card manufacturers list the minimum P/S requirements for their hardware.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/product?product=5136801&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&os=228&query=p7-1058uk...=

Paul

HP Recommended

Well thats annoying. I have never tried installing a new power supply before, and the graphics card I have from an old computer seems to require a minimum of 400W. Thanks for your help. Much appreciated.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

HP Recommended
I have changed the psu and graphics card on my HP envy and it has been working more than fine.
Now I have a trojan.adh.2 virus and im going to take it to warranty will the upgrade void my warranty?
And will they open the computer case to check?
Note that the virus did not come from any of the upgrades..
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.