Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

@max_x360 wrote:

"No auto-rotate when fliping or rotating screen, no keyboard deactivation, no touch pad deactivation, no options or even a hint that there are any "auto rotate" sensors or settings".

"Airplane Mode" is activated after each reboot.  I do not appear to have any issues with wifi or bluetooth, just the mode appears active.

I'm using Spectre x360 updgraded to Windows 10 1511 with latest bios and drivers. Not english language version, can this be relevant?

I have exacly the same issues and I am pretty frustrated because I really love my new Spectre ....
I have english language so I guess that does not matter ......... sniff
None of the above suggestions worked out for me so far.

HP Recommended

I sent my computer in to the Best Buy Geek Squad Service Center. They applied a firmware update. All is good now.

HP Recommended

I took me a while but in third try I've got lucky and my support ticket was processed by a consultant who knew the issue.

To make the long story short: you need a firmware update for orientation sensor.

This comes as a zip archive with firmware update and calibration program. Once you run both it will work correctly in Windows 8.1 & 10. The firmware and the calibration software is delivered via support and you cannot download it from HP website.

So if autorotation doesn't work and the sensor is not detected in hardware manager you need to contact support and ask for a firmware update for your rotation sensor. 

HP Recommended

I bought my computer at Best Best Buy.  The tech in the store wasn't able to figure out the problem in the three days or so they kept my computer. So they sent it to the service center. It was only there for one day. They applied the firmware update and the calibration software. This post would have saved me the time it took for the tech at Best Buy and the mail time.

HP Recommended

It would be nice if the sensor were disabled when the laptop is in productivity mode (i.e. screen not folded back). I can't think of any possible reason you would want the screen to autorotate in this mode. This mode does disable the "auto rotate" option in the Action Centre, but leaves it in whatever state you had it in when you were last had the screen folded back. So if auto rotate is enabled, the only way to disable it is to fold the screen back first. This seems like a bug.

In addition, having the laptop on its side in productivity mode disables the keyboard and touch pad. Why why why?? Seems like another bug. The keyboard should only disable when you fold the screen back past 180 degrees.

I don't expect posting here will achieve anything but if any HP reps are reading, could you make sure these bugs are logged in your database? Thanks!

HP Recommended

I really wanted to answer

Windows 10 Screen Auto Rotation Not Working/Option is not visible or available

but it looks locked!

Mods: merge?

I don't know why sensors aren't picked-up by a Device Manager scan.

Intel Sensor Hub Components Driver

worked for me!

SensorInfo by Tony Lin

is useful for diagnostics!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.