Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
probook 450 g2
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi.  I'm hoping someone can help 🙂

My probook is downloading windows updates but is failing to install them over and over again after reboot 

The machine is running on 10586 where as 14393 is apparently the latest update - I'm wondering if no updates have been successful since I bought this last March?

I get the 'restart/shutdown and update' most days when I go to shut down but then get a message that the update has failed once i restart and go onto the desktop.   Its seems to download ok, running up to 100% and ready but does not 'kick in' on restart

I've tried to get updates via the microsoft site and general updates from the icon and both have the same result.  One tries to update 1607 the other tries to update to 14393. 

The 0X80070652 error has only appeared once and researching this seems to be related to windows 8 upgrades.  The machine came with windows 10? 

As you probably guess, I'm not great on computers - I lost touch after the ZX Spectrum - but hopefully this makes some sense!!    Hopefully there's a fairly straight forward answer somewhere out there?!

Thanks guys

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Try going to the control panel and select "troubleshooting"...click and look for System and Security/fix problems with Windows Update...

Run the Update troubleshooter.  Works often enough to be the first thing to try. Post back results because this is the start of a long list of gradually escalating possible fixes. 

HP Recommended

Thanks for your help

I've done that and very quickly got the message:

Issues might be found troubleshooting with administaor permissions

- try troubleshooting as an administrator

-> explore additional options

clicked on veiw detailed information and says 'no issues detected'

- just to say i did try and update again - it configurated as it closed down and then re-booted asking for keyboard language and then 'choose an option' which I chose 'continue to windows 10'.  I then went to windows updates which said I was upto date and then started searching and trying to update to 1607 once again!

HP Recommended

If the Update Troubleshooter GUI does not work (and it does not appear to have worked for you) try this next "command line" fix outlined here:

http://pureinfotech.com/reset-windows-update-windows-10-fix-downloads-installs/

I told you this escalates. Rather than put myself through this I might consider a clean install. 

Did you in fact choose to let the troubleshooter for updates run as administrator?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.