Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

its not posible for me to downgrade to ime 9.xxx as system is not compatable when i upgraded to 11.0.0.1157 there is no positive result as problem resufaced again . problem remained as it is.  i am using hp pavilion 15-n096sa . anone  having solution for this problem plz suggest me . i tried every solution in this blog but couldnot resolve it.

i tried  1. clean boot  2. installed new drivers 3. upgraded to new version of ime 4 . tried many other things  apart from upgrading bios . HP did not provide new bios upgrades. i hope its only solution.

any other possible solutions are welcome.

HP Recommended
Go to device manager- system devices-Intel management engine Interface-uninstall (delete) all the versions.
reboot.
then install v9.5xx.
HP Recommended

ok i will follow your advice , thanks for guiding me.

HP Recommended
Gangadhar12 please try and understand it is not a BIOS issue it is an Intel problem which is widespread and not just limited to hp, specifically Intel Management Engine Driver v11 and above the only solution at the moment is downgrading to IME 9.5
Upgrading IME will NOT SOLVE your problem.
****Click the Thumb icon to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
HP Recommended

andigi11 i got an issue when i uninstalled 11.0.0.1146 and restarted the system , windows 10 automatically installing  11.0.0.1146 while restart   ,it made me impossible to install 9.0.0.5xx . i dont know what should i do in this situation. i followed what u said exactly but it became impossible task for me to install 9.xxx .

HP Recommended
Did you try rockanexpert's method?
HP Recommended
What you can also do is that keep the IME 9.5 downloaded to your laptop and then turn off the internet, uninstall IME 11 and keep your internet turned off and install 9.5
HP Recommended

well let me clearify if when u upgraded window 10 its bios version was resetted to orignal or stock or watever u want to say but now if u update ur bios from hp website and install it the shut down problem willl be slolved automatically 
if u find this helpfull please click on kudos

well all u need to do is upgrade ur bios to latest version if bios version is not available in window 10 then select window 8.1 or window 8 then download the latest bios version for ur notebook/pc . the pc shutting down problem will be solved

HP Recommended

I did a clean reinstall... It did not fix the problem!  Plus my USB will not recognize any peripherals either... mouse or kybrd

HP Recommended

After going through and trying all the suggestions on the HP forums, I found the following by searching without HP in the search:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-power/problems-in-shutting-downhibernate...

Method 2 worked for me:

Method 2:

It could be a compatibility issue with the new Fast Startup component.

Try the below steps and check:

1. Open Control Panel / Power  Options.
  2. On the Left side menu, select  Choose what the power buttons do.
  3. Select Change settings that are currently unavailable.
  4. Scroll down to the Shutdown settings section.
  5. Remove the check mark from the Turn on Fast Startup option.
  6. Select the Save Changes Button.

Shut Down the computer, wait a couple of minutes and then use the Power Button to start the computer.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.