Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

With continued testing the latest IME release has not solved the problem.  Power down completely is still a random occurance.

HP Recommended

you should install older version of ime which worked for your laptop in win8.1 or win 7 for ex ime 9.5xxxx. this is the only solution. i followed it and got success.   newer versions of ime is not suitable for many laptops  i  uninstalled ime 11.xxxx and restarted my pc after that i overwritten it with ime 9.xxxx and restarted .   this worked for me and many others in this forum .

HP Recommended

I read 15 pages, and still dont believe. IMEI is not problem, my Laptop HP have same problem and when i do all
thing from this topic, nothing. Problem is with win10, updates or RAM. When I turn off quick laptop, and then after 1 or 2
min again turn off, laptop is turning off properly. When I use laptop 5,6 hours, laptops does not shut down properly

HP Recommended

And when he shut down propertly, i still have IMEI 11XXX version with Windows 10. 
so, it's not problem with IMEI

HP Recommended
Hi Guys

Have you all tried to change the power settings for your Wireless card ??? Change the option in power management from Within Device Manager for your Wireless card and uncheck " Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" option . This maybe stopping the machine from closing down and restarting .. This method has worked for people with similar problems in different posts .

CheckurTech
****Click the White Kudos star to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
HP Recommended

Checkkurtech, I see that solution and dont turn off and I again turn off my laptop HP without that.
That is not answer, If I dont use hours and hours laptop shut down is ok, if not then have a problem. Focus on that 

HP Recommended
Hi

Well if that didn't help you may need to Focus on calling HP support in your local region and seeing if they can sort the issue out OR Microsoft OR Intel ....

CheckurTech
HP Recommended

man, please.. 
they can find solution HP or another organisation like GOOGLE when I stack with gmail account with 2 step verification.
Do you know how fix my problem? They dont answer on 5 mails ofc, nobody dont care this problems of customers

HP Recommended
Hi
Emails to Support is and always has been fruitless , you need to call and then you can have someone talk you through the correct steps to sort the problem out . Have you checked the power settings within Windows to check " What power buttons do" ?? Goto Settings >>System>> power & Sleep >>> Additional power settings >> choose what the power buttons do>> try and uncheck "Start Windows faster Option and see if machine will shutdown correctly . If that does not work go back to that option and re-enable "Start Windows faster " option .

CheckurTech
HP Recommended

I dont have now problem, and I do nothing. Can you understand me? If laptop run hours and hours, then I have problem.
If I use half hour or hour he's shut down propertly.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.